BEST CPU COOLER i7 6700k

Corsair H100i V2

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, Will Or occ said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gD6gJV   I want to over clock my i6700k whats a good all in one cooler I have built my Pc with that cooler but know I want to Oc so link me a good cpu cooler that works for my case

The 212 Evo is a good cooler.

What is your budget, you could go with water cooling for over $50.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 hours ago, SLAYR said:

The 212 Evo is a good cooler.

What is your budget, you could go with water cooling for over $50.

No I dont care how much it is I want to oc

2 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Corsair H100i V2

what oc can I get you think ? 5gz?

Just now, Will Or occ said:

custom loop then

1 minute ago, Will Or occ said:

If you really don't care, make a custom loop. If you don't want to make one, the H115i is a bigger cooler than H100. Or the Kraken X61. The speed depends on how your chip is binned - the silicon lottery. Cooling only goes so far.

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

2 minutes ago, Will Or occ said:

Going in this thinking "X cooler will give me X overclock" is a bad mentality. You can have the best custom loop in the world, and still not hit 5ghz. Binning is a factor in everything. As for "what cooler do i need" you simply need to ask yourself how far you are willing to go, and the variables involved in your specific usage scenario. Are you just gaming? Are you folding GROMACS? Different tasks require different cooling solutions. "Gaming stable" overclocks are easier to achieve and cool, while "mission critical" overclocks require extreme stability AND great temperatures under all circumstances. Something a 212 Evo will never give you when overclocking. I dare anyone that has a 212 Evo to fold GROMACS on their 4.5ghz overclocks. You will be in for a bad time.

Once you determine what it is you will be using your PC for, you must determine what the maximum voltage you are comfortable running with is. For Skylake, most people try to avoid going over 1.4v for 24/7 operation. You can still go higher and be perfectly fine, but your temperature under these high voltages will be key. Anything above 1.4v will almost certainly require a delid on top of very exotic cooling solutions.

Once you figure all of that out, buy the best cooler within your budget/practical limitations. Case size, ram clearance, acoustic levels, etc all play a factor for most people in determining which cooling solution they are going with. Since you do not care about the price, worry about the rest of those factors first. 

My only advice is, do not run Prime95 48k or custom Linpack on highly overclocked CPU's. There is a huge difference in terms of stabiltiy and safety when using absurdly high overclocks in conjunction with these extremely hot stress tests. Folding GROMACS can get just as hot, if not hotter than Prime95, so avoid high overclocks when doing that as well. What might be perfectly stable under your Aida64/Cinebench stress test, will likely be unstable when real heat is applied.

I can't point you to any specific closed loop coolers, as I only use air coolers. I can however, vouch for the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. I have two of those in my household, and they get the job done for 4.5ghz 4790k's under Prime95 48k. Extremely nice results given that its still an air cooler, and isn't extremely loud. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 hour ago, Will Or occ said:

You will have to get multiple chips and win the silicon lottery if you want that to be a 24/7 oc. 

Or, you could spend a $500 on a custom loop, but at that point it is better to just get a x99 system.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •