Why do ram prices fluctuate?

All brands like kingston, crucial, etc go up and down in prices relatively, 2 days ago 8 GB single stick crucial on amazon was 28 bucks today it is in mid to high 30s, why ?

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Supply, demand, and capitalism at work.

Actually, stuff on Amazon may be sold by different vendors and Amazon lists the lowest price (which sometimes isn't once you factor in shipping).

This and if one place had cheaper ram ran out, amazon will list the next cheapest

Here in the UK, people are just blaming Brexit :D:D

But it's usually if the competition is cheaper or if, particularly on Amazon as others have said, if one is out of stock it will list the next cheapest one.

I haven't bought computer stuff on Amazon lately, but I have some car parts on backorder, and they've gone up a lot in the past month (ie: $60 for a strut up to $75, and a $70 spring mount is now $110!).  I think its a matter of Amazon actually wanting to make some $$$, rather than continuing to exist as a non-profit company.

Prices on everything fluctuate. Back when I upgraded to X99, I did so because the 5820k was £279.99, while the 6700k was at £299 (lolwut?). Now its £350 for a 5820k, even with broad well E out.

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, pcantellow said:

Here in the UK, people are just blaming Brexit :D:D

But it's usually if the competition is cheaper or if, particularly on Amazon as others have said, if one is out of stock it will list the next cheapest one.

"blaming" implies it's justified.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

DDR2 ram is about 2x the price of DDR3 in some places. Somewhere I bought 4gb for £20.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.