CPU for Gaming, Streaming, Photoshop, and Video Editing

Go to solution Solved by Crunken,

6700k + aio liquid cooler would be nice :D then you can overclock a little

Hi im looking for a 6th generation CPU that is great for Gaming, Video editing, streaming and Photoshop designing. I was looking at the i7 6700k but it is a little bit expensive.

2 minutes ago, LeoTao said:

Hi im looking for a 6th generation CPU that is great for Gaming, Video editing, streaming and Photoshop designing. I was looking at the i7 6700k but it is a little bit expensive.

Yea a 6700k is probably your best option if you can manage

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

1 minute ago, LeoTao said:

Any workstation uses (everything you said the PC will be used for besides gaming/streaming) almost requires a GOOD processor. If you can't dish out that much for a 6700k, I'd say you might want to see if you can't find some marked down haswell/z97 stuff. It would far exceed the performance of a 6th gen i5 in workstation use due to the extra threads.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

5 minutes ago, LeoTao said:

IF you can afford a 6700k with Z170 + cooler for some OCing, it's pretty much one of the best choices out there. If not, a regular 6700 non K will still do, though the K option is always preferred if possible.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

6700k + aio liquid cooler would be nice :D then you can overclock a little

Hi thanks everyone, for a i7 6700k would the cryorig c7 be a good choice? I love the look of it and it fits the cpu.