Soundcloud for sale for $1 billion say reports

Spiderloser

According to reports, Soundcloud for sale at $ 1 billion could officially be a thing. The future of Soundcloud and its success has been a regular on the music industry news blogosphere.

The music sharing and streaming site is a home for many underground music lovers and up and coming music producers and DJs. Its existence is instrumental in the world of electronic dance music, positioning Souncloud as a platform that is influential and significant.

If the owners have Soundcloud for sale at $ 1 billion dollars then walking away with that amount would be a cosy closing to all of their efforts in keeping the business afloat.

The ad free subscription feature on Soundcloud kicked off in March this year after they secured licensing deals with Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group and Sony Music. We reported on this earlier this year. 

My thoughts: dang lot of money wonder who will buy it if any one lol

Source: http://idmmag.com/news/soundcloud-for-sale-bloomberg/

lol

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

28 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I read it as "Soundcard for sale for $1 billion" I was like dafuq

kinda like those speakers that were on sale for like 2 billion dollars on amazon xD

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Well I'll  just sell my second Pc.  That way I'll  buy them and still have a bit of change left.  Meh. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

7 hours ago, Spiderloser said:

My thoughts: dang lot of money wonder who will buy it if any one lol

Source: http://idmmag.com/news/soundcloud-for-sale-bloomberg/

Apple? Would help with Crapple music. 

But that will mean I'm forced to goto Spotify..

I don't know how SoundCloud actually gets money. In all the years I've used it, I've never gotten an ad. Even on mobile. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

They get ya with that premium freemium buy-here-pay-here buy-one-get-one half-off act now send no money offer good while supplies last what the fuck idk

I still have 3 months of Crapple music for free. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

No.... No... Nonononooooooo what are you doing Soundcloud?

Better hurry and wipe my music from there.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Wouldnt be suprised with hHonestly I don't mind what happens as long as its alive and kicking. It's a very reliable service.

Spotify, might buy it, to take out a competitor

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein