What can help run better Arma 3

So I have AMD FX-8350 eight core processor, geforce gtx 760, 1 tb hardrive, and 8 gb of ram. I have trouble running Arma 3 with a maximum of 30 fps on low (depends on what server i am playing). Any suggestion in what I should invest in to help make my computer run smoother when playing arma 3?

3 minutes ago, JustinWadaa said:

So I have AMD FX-8350 eight core processor, geforce gtx 760, 1 tb hardrive, and 8 gb of ram. I have trouble running Arma 3 with a maximum of 30 fps on low (depends on what server i am playing). Any suggestion in what I should invest in to help make my computer run smoother when playing arma 3?

Check your drivers

Get a better cpu/Gpu. I would get a better cpu first as you are going to bottle neck the gpu you put in with that 8350.

You should be getting more frames than that on ultra.. What is your cpu clocked at and did you monitor temperatures to check for thermal throttling? 

4 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

You should be getting more frames than that on ultra.. What is your cpu clocked at and did you monitor temperatures to check for thermal throttling? 

My Cpue is clocked at 3.50 GHz and i don't know how to check for thermal throttling. 

13 minutes ago, JustinWadaa said:

Arma 3 is a pretty CPU intensive game, an 8350 is not better than a i5

Just now, OsuMasterz said:

Arma 3 is a pretty CPU intensive game, an 8350 is not better than a i5

what type of i5 would you recommend me to buy?

4 minutes ago, JustinWadaa said:

My Cpue is clocked at 3.50 GHz and i don't know how to check for thermal throttling. 

That is the first thing you should check for, use msi afterburner to monitor temps in game

1 minute ago, JustinWadaa said:

6600k, or maybe a i7-6700 if you can\

If you have a microcenter nearby, the i5 is around $200 and the i7 is around $260

What mods you trying to play? On what map?

Altis is a very large map, and it can REALLY REALLY affect a PC. Even on a skylake, Altis still has issues. Stratis is a more friendly with PCs. 

Alot of your issues, could be specific to a mod, the map, or even your settings.

I've got 1k + hours into Arma 3. I'm VERY familiar with it. Along with it's more popular mods. Mods like DayZ, Life, Wasteland are the biggest ones, so they may be better supported with smaller amounts of bugs. Where as, maps/mods release by a smaller individual may have issues, that the smaller maybe even single person hasn't found yet, or hasn't figured out how to fix it.  It's by no means, knocking any single person's mods. I've spent ALOT of time in some of them. Some are amazing pieces of work that someone spent a helluva alot of time on, where others are newer projects, where that person could even be looking for someone to help. 

The biggest thing is keeping your draw distance down. 750 is what I ran when I gamed on my 2500k. 750 on foot, 1500 by car, and 2500 by plane. My 2500k system was just stock clock, 8gb ram, and a 670. While playing in a more rural part of the map, you can maybe get away with higher, but once you hit a larger city on Altis, something like Kavala you may want to even turn down your on foot/ by car/ by air draw distances.

Also, with all the DLC, while it's fun, adds more things to do, and even see how it all works, it's textures are a little more in depth than stuff in the vanilla ( original ) version. 

It's been a little bit since I've played. It's a game that I always come back to, find a good mod and enjoy that until some other game catches my eye. I love ARMA. Always have and always will. I haven't played Arma 3 since about the time Fallout 4 came out. 

I logged in for a little bit to see how my newer machines could handle it, and it seemed like it was better. 

Got any questions, just reply to me. I'll try to knock the rust off my memory. It's been a little since I've played, but I'll try to help you.

Just now, JustinWadaa said:

If you can swing it, a Devils Canyon or Skyake if you can. At least a Devils Canyon will let you bring your ram over and use it until you get more ram. Skylake will require new ram right off bat. 

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

That is the first thing you should check for, use msi afterburner to monitor temps in game

okay thanks i will be downloading that now

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

What mods you trying to play? On what map?

Altis is a very large map, and it can REALLY REALLY affect a PC. Even on a skylake, Altis still has issues. Stratis is a more friendly with PCs. 

Alot of your issues, could be specific to a mod, the map, or even your settings.

I've got 1k + hours into Arma 3. I'm VERY familiar with it. Along with it's more popular mods. Mods like DayZ, Life, Wasteland are the biggest ones, so they may be better supported with smaller amounts of bugs. Where as, maps/mods release by a smaller individual may have issues, that the smaller maybe even single person hasn't found yet, or hasn't figured out how to fix it.  It's by no means, knocking any single person's mods. I've spent ALOT of time in some of them. Some are amazing pieces of work that someone spent a helluva alot of time on, where others are newer projects, where that person could even be looking for someone to help. 

The biggest thing is keeping your draw distance down. 750 is what I ran when I gamed on my 2500k. 750 on foot, 1500 by car, and 2500 by plane. My 2500k system was just stock clock, 8gb ram, and a 670. While playing in a more rural part of the map, you can maybe get away with higher, but once you hit a larger city on Altis, something like Kavala you may want to even turn down your on foot/ by car/ by air draw distances.

Also, with all the DLC, while it's fun, adds more things to do, and even see how it all works, it's textures are a little more in depth than stuff in the vanilla ( original ) version. 

It's been a little bit since I've played. It's a game that I always come back to, find a good mod and enjoy that until some other game catches my eye. I love ARMA. Always have and always will. I haven't played Arma 3 since about the time Fallout 4 came out. 

I logged in for a little bit to see how my newer machines could handle it, and it seemed like it was better. 

Got any questions, just reply to me. I'll try to knock the rust off my memory. It's been a little since I've played, but I'll try to help you.

If you can swing it, a Devils Canyon or Skyake if you can. At least a Devils Canyon will let you bring your ram over and use it until you get more ram. Skylake will require new ram right off bat. 

Do you think I should just lower everything in Arma 3 configurations tab or should I invest in a new component for my computer?

Just now, JustinWadaa said:

Do you think I should just lower everything in Arma 3 configurations tab or should I invest in a new component for my computer?

That depends.  If you've got the funds, go with the new PC. If it's something your going to have to save for, then maybe spend some time googling and finding people that play with lower spec PCs that may get decent frames. 

It's really your call man. If you can do it and it not affect you elsewhere, then go for the new PC, really enjoy some games maybe you wouldn't or even couldn't do with the current machine. 

Got any friends with a higher spec PC? See how their PC handles it to get an idea/

23 hours ago, JustinWadaa said:

an i7-6700K overclocked to 4.8ghz and a GTX 1070 would greatly improve your experience...i know...expensive.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Arma 3 is really dependent on cpu per core performance. FX chips really struggle with it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Nothing besides lowering your settings, even then that might not help much. Arma 3, just like Arma II, is severely unoptimized. For me I run the game at like 60-80 FPS maxed on my 980 TI + 5820k playing intensive maps/modes like Dayz Exile: Esseker or custom Wasteland servers. Thing is  though, If I lower the settings, nothing happens. I don't go more FPS. Arma will always need a monster PC to run it. My friend has a 750 (no TI) and is patient and runs the game okay on medium to low, I'd recommend you doing the same.

Some terrible advice in this thread.

First find out what your performance is in single player.

Multiplayer frame rates are tied to the server you're on.  If the mod has lots of shit going on and lots of players on the server, you'll get shitty frame rates.

In single player with my i7-3770k @ 4.6gHz, GTX 970 I can peg 60fps(vsync) on ultra.  On the exile server I play on, I'm lucky to see 30fps.

Buying a new rig will not solve your problem unless you can prove your machine can't run Arma in single player.