wired MSI OEM Mainboard

Hi there guys,

I have bought a prebuild PC a few years back because I was only 15 and my parents did not allow me build one on my own.

Now I want to transplant the system in a new case for better airflow and amplifies the sound of my grafics crd an cpu.

But is is a wired 24.5 * 22.5 format and does miss some screw hole for the mATX standart.

I marked the in the photo of the green board and the other is a usual MSI gaming line mainboard which does have these screwholes.

I asked myself is it important to have those screws in or if I can just ignore them.

$_1.JPG

961284_2__8587887-2.jpg

IMG_20160330_134315.jpg

It is very important to have all of the screws in the motherboard correctly, or you could short circuit components like the motherboard, cpu, ram or even gpu.

I find it odd that your parents did not let you build your first pc at 15. I built my first at 13.

6 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

It is very important to have all of the screws in the motherboard correctly, or you could short circuit components like the motherboard, cpu, ram or even gpu.

I find it odd that your parents did not let you build your first pc at 15. I built my first at 13.

Any response OP?

2 hours ago, spidsepttk said:

Any response OP?

I was busy sorry. Ok but I like wanted to know it could not just forget about that two screws and put it into an atx case. And I have took a look in the Manual and it says atx 24.5 22.5 cm not matx sry for that.

Just now, slash_mesh said:

I was busy sorry. Ok but I like wanted to know it could not just forget about that two screws and put it into an atx case. And I have took a look in the Manual and it says atx 24.5 22.5 cm not matx sry for that.

No, if you put it in an atx case you could break the board and the components that are on the board.

6 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

No, if you put it in an atx case you could break the board and the components that are on the board.

It might be the dumbest question but why. A atx case does not have standoffs on these possitions where the screwholes are missing. the other screws Aline with the atx standard. So far a huge thank you for answering.

Just now, slash_mesh said:

It might be the dumbest question but why. A atx case does not have standoffs on these possitions where the screwholes are missing. the other screws Aline with the atx standard. So far a huge thank you for answering.

If the motherboard is not in the case securely, it can touch the back of the case. This will kill the motherboard.

On 28.7.2016 at 5:49 PM, spidsepttk said:

Sorry I was stupid.

Let me correct myself here.

Are these the corresponding screw possitions?

(I mean the pinkish-purpleish)

But still thank you a lot for helping me with my stupid problems.

sketch1469827497634.png

sketch1469827534412.png

2 minutes ago, slash_mesh said:

Sorry I was stupid.

Let me correct myself here.

Are these the corresponding screw possitions?

(I mean the pinkish-purpleish)

But still thank you a lot for helping me with my stupid problems.

sketch1469827497634.png

sketch1469827534412.png

No, the ones in the picture are the first 3 (virtically) and the last 3 (vertically).