good motherboard for a core 2 (LGA775) processor?

i'm looking to upgrade my board and i'm currently running this cpu, are new intel cpu and the core 2 gen the same socket? what should i buy?

3 minutes ago, MatiiPol said:

i'm looking to upgrade my board and i'm currently running this cpu, are new intel cpu and the core 2 gen the same socket? what should i buy?

What is your current CPU? Also only Core 2/Core Duo CPU work on LGA775 (including 65 and 45nm Xeons through a socket mod-and ignoring Pentium 4/Pentium D and Celeron chips)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 minutes ago, MatiiPol said:

Me and my friend got a Steal on this board on eBay,

http://www.evga.com/articles/329.asp

probably the best 775 socket board available at that time on eBay, and supports SLI so is a good platform for gaming, and we did the 771 mod on it, so is capable of housing Xeons :3

"Hmmm, this is for sure the type of music you listen to,  if you want to lose friends."

'That last one' ??

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

What is your current CPU? Also only Core 2/Core Duo CPU work on LGA775 (including 65 and 45nm Xeons through a socket mod-and ignoring Pentium 4/Pentium D and Celeron chips)

i'm running a core 2 quad q9400 intel says its that socket hahaha

7 minutes ago, Geeb_ said:

Me and my friend got a Steal on this board on eBay,

http://www.evga.com/articles/329.asp

probably the best 775 socket board available at that time on eBay, and supports SLI so is a good platform for gaming, and we did the 771 mod on it, so is capable of housing Xeons :3

looks solid, thanks

On 31/07/2016 at 9:30 AM, MatiiPol said:

is it overcloakable?

Yep. Sorry about long delay in the reply, have other stuff on my mind.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

On 8/4/2016 at 8:56 AM, fixitnow said:

Yep. Sorry about long delay in the reply, have other stuff on my mind.

no prob man, thanks and GL

If you shop around on Ebay, you can usually find some good deals if you're patient but there's not near as many LGA775 motherboards around for sale now days so it will only get harder to find them but they're still there and plenty get listed all the time, just not nearly enough to make the pricing competitive and as cheap as it should be given the age of those motherboards. If you get a LGA775 board that supports Xeons though, that opens up some options. I still use a 775 board because I just haven't felt the need to upgrade to newer still because for me personally there just isn't the actual need yet but eventually there will be.

I picked up a Xeon E5450 3ghz for I think $15 on Ebay, put the strip on it, modded my cpu socket, updated microcodes in my bios so the SSE4.1 worked correctly for the Xeon and have been running it at 4ghz with no problems with just a Hyper 212 Evo cooler with pretty cool temps still. I'd say it really just depends though, if you look around enough you can find some really cheap and good deals but if you aren't willing to potentially shop around for weeks or potentially even months then you might be just as cheap to go with something newer like an i5, mb, ddr3 because without shopping for the good deals, quite a bit of the LGA775 boards are still selling for $100 and up at times but there are plenty of deals on really good ones to be found for $25-50.

On 8/8/2016 at 3:55 AM, Southbeatz said:

If you shop around on Ebay, you can usually find some good deals if you're patient but there's not near as many LGA775 motherboards around for sale now days so it will only get harder to find them but they're still there and plenty get listed all the time, just not nearly enough to make the pricing competitive and as cheap as it should be given the age of those motherboards. If you get a LGA775 board that supports Xeons though, that opens up some options. I still use a 775 board because I just haven't felt the need to upgrade to newer still because for me personally there just isn't the actual need yet but eventually there will be.

I picked up a Xeon E5450 3ghz for I think $15 on Ebay, put the strip on it, modded my cpu socket, updated microcodes in my bios so the SSE4.1 worked correctly for the Xeon and have been running it at 4ghz with no problems with just a Hyper 212 Evo cooler with pretty cool temps still. I'd say it really just depends though, if you look around enough you can find some really cheap and good deals but if you aren't willing to potentially shop around for weeks or potentially even months then you might be just as cheap to go with something newer like an i5, mb, ddr3 because without shopping for the good deals, quite a bit of the LGA775 boards are still selling for $100 and up at times but there are plenty of deals on really good ones to be found for $25-50.

yeah, i noticed that and i'm actually gonna save the money and get a new motherboard with a new cpu haha

I have an Nvidia 680i LT SLI Ill give you. It is running with a Core 2 Duo E2200, but won't run the Q660 I bought for it. Currently is running W10. If you want to pay shipping I'll send the the whole running PC for free.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

2 minutes ago, asand1 said:

I have an Nvidia 680i LT SLI Ill give you. It is running with a Core 2 Duo E2200, but won't run the Q660 I bought for it. Currently is running W10. If you want to pay shipping I'll send the the whole running PC for free.

haha thanks for the offer but i live in southamerica, the shipping is more expensive than the free pc rewarding haha

I wonder what shipping would be for the MOBO? My zip code is 97439.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430