HELP: Bios Flash maybe?

Goodevening all,

i seem to have some issue that seems irritatingly hard to solve. i'm building a budget build and it's coming along nicely. Then came my issue.

I have found a nice and cheap board: ASRock Z87 PRO3

and also a great processor: i5 4590s

BUT: the Z87 series need at least a bios update to run 4th gen intel chips. Problem: my board was sold roughly around 11/11/2013  same year as 4th gen releases.

With a bit of luck the bios would have been updated by Asrock before sale. With none, i'll have to update it myself. Not a problem....

BUT WAIT: i don't have a older compatible cpu on hand... so if this board doesn't have Bios flash integrated without needing a cpu, i'm screwed.

So any information regarding this particular board (didn't notice a bios flash button or so) or if Asrock did the update themselves would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Centinor

TLDR:

Asrock z87 pro3 sold in late 2013, do they have the bios updated for 4th gen intel cpu's?

Does the Asrock z87 pro 3 have a Bios Flash integrated which doesn't need a cpu?

P.S: doesn't look too promising seeing as asrocks z87 update page show's the update dated as 12/12/2013 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87 Pro3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS)

i.PNG

EDIT: I'll see if it has an integrated BIOS updater.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I can't find anything that says it does or doesn't :S

I would test my ASRock board but remounting the Cryorig H7 is hell (I also don't have any more thermal paste)

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4590S wasn't among the early 4th gen CPUs. It was released way later at the tock phase along with your 4790Ks and whatnot. I couldn't remember eactly, so I checked. It was during Q2/2014 according to ark.intel.com.  Neither of those are going to be even kind of supported on a 2013 BIOS. I just mean, back when Asrock was plotting the sales pitches and came up with the classic "this supports 4th gen blah blah blah" they probably didn't even know that there'd ever be such a processor as 4590S... It does look like they've released the 2.90 BIOS that supports some of the latter 4th gen processors but among a few others, the 4590S isn't mentioned.

I'm not saying it's impossible that it works, but if I were you I'd have the seller guarantee your money back if it won't.

Edit: Uhh. Why not look it up, Naeaes, before babbling on? Why not. The 4590S is supported by BIOS ver 2.50 from January 2014.