Does this build look good to you?

I've never built a PC before but I wanted to do so around Christmas this year when I get a lot of money from my family to do so. I've been researching for months on this and was wondering if any of you master builders or anybody could tell me if this build is good. I've already asked on Reddit and they said it looked fine other than the fact that I'm missing an SSD which I should have for the OS because of boot times but I don't think I will be able to fit even a small one into my budget. Other than that I'm hoping everything else looks fine. I know that a GTX 1070 will be excellent for 1080p 60fps by far.

(Markup by HTML wasn't working so)

Markup2.png

2 minutes ago, Gagerzzzz said:

I've never built a PC before but I wanted to do so around Christmas this year when I get a lot of money from my family to do so. I've been researching for months on this and was wondering if any of you master builders or anybody could tell me if this build is good. I've already asked on Reddit and they said it looked fine other than the fact that I'm missing an SSD which I should have for the OS because of boot times but I don't think I will be able to fit even a small one into my budget. Other than that I'm hoping everything else looks fine. I know that a GTX 1070 will be excellent for 1080p 60fps by far.

(Markup by HTML wasn't working so)

Markup2.png

It does, but change your watt to 

Seasonic S12II-Bronze 520W

because thats a good one for your build and its a tier 2 psu,

Get an H7 cryorig cpu cooler and maybe a 250gb ssd for your windows or something

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

could save 15 bucks and get the i5 6500
unless youre okay with paying $15 for a 100mhz speed difference....

Photography / Finance / Gaming

and dont pay full price for the OS
get it from Microsoft Software Swap on reddit for $40

750watts is too much for your build
600-650 is the sweet spot

use the extra money saved to buy an ssd

Photography / Finance / Gaming

ok 1070 is pretty freaking overkill for 1080p tbh, its more for 1440p 60+hz i would say get a RX480 or GTX1060 instead because they will still be 1080p beasts or even a 980 or 970(tho maby not the 970 because VRAM...) because they are just fine and prices have dropped almost $100 here in sweden for the entire 900 series of cards so you might be able to get one for cheap and then you can get a 120GB or 250GB SSD for your boot drive, and that PSU isnt that good, swap it for something from SeaSonic or something like that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, mok said:

600W is still overkill, 500W would do just fine but 550W is probably what he should go for

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok 1070 is pretty freaking overkill for 1080p tbh, its more for 1440p 60+hz i would say get a RX480 or GTX1060 instead because they will still be 1080p beasts or even a 980 or 970(tho maby not the 970 because VRAM...) because they are just fine and prices have dropped almost $100 here in sweden for the entire 900 series of cards so you might be able to get one for cheap and then you can get a 120GB or 250GB SSD for your boot drive, and that PSU isnt that good, swap it for something from SeaSonic or something like that

I'm only settling for a 1070 because I'm wanting to really go ham on futureproofing my graphics. I'm going to be playing every game on Ultra 1080p so I would like to be able to do that for the next 2-3 years before having to upgrade again. I will also be (most likely) upgrading to a 1440p 144hz monitor within 2017 so I can take full advantage of the GTX 1070. I currently have a 970 in my laptop and do not like the graphical restraints that I am currently having with the current AAA titles that I've been wanting to play.

1 minute ago, Gagerzzzz said:

I'm only settling for a 1070 because I'm wanting to really go ham on futureproofing my graphics. I'm going to be playing every game on Ultra 1080p so I would like to be able to do that for the next 2-3 years before having to upgrade again. I will also be (most likely) upgrading to a 1440p 144hz monitor within 2017 so I can take full advantage of the GTX 1070. I currently have a 970 in my laptop and do not like the graphical restraints that I am currently having with the current AAA titles that I've been wanting to play.

that 970 in your laptop is almost 100% certain a 970m and they are quite a bit weaker but i get your point, just trying to find ways to save you some money for an SSD

Builds:

Spoiler

^ A good modular unit like the Seasonic M12II 520 / 620 EVO should be in good stead and allow for future upgrades.

OP if you can spare a bit more cash go for a unit like the Cooler Master V550 / V650 or eVGA's SuperNOVA G2 550W / 650W units.

An SSD like the SAMSUNG 850 EVO or Crucial MX300 (~250GB+) are also worthy additions if you have the cash to spare but your focus should be on a good PSU first. 

Hope this helps and happy building. Cheers!

10 minutes ago, mok said:

Thanks! I've been scared about getting my PSU because many people are telling me to go a little lighter, but I also have some others telling me I should stick with what I have so I don't kill my computer with high power usage for extended periods of time. I'm going to go for a 550w power supply and hope for the best.

^ To be totally honest that Corsair PSU is pretty poor compared to even the Seasonic that has been mentioned initially.

Wattage and brand are not the only considerations when picking one up.

You have a budget of $1200. You can definitely find a way to fit in an SSD. For starters, you can downgrade that 2 TB hard drive to a 1 TB hard drive and get a 240 GB SSD instead (I recommend PNY CS1311). You're getting ripped off on that RAM. You really don't need that many watts on your PSU, considering all you really have is an i5 and a 1070. You could probably make do with 550-600 easily. No one ever buys Windows from PCPartPicker, and you could probably find it a lot cheaper somewhere else. 

Here's a rig with all that stuff that you wanted, like the 1070, only adjusted to include an SSD and a CPU Cooler (you didn't have one): http://pcpartpicker.com/list/x9yq3F

Essentially, I saved you $10 on the RAM, downgraded to a 1 TB hard drive, included a fully modular power supply which actually fits your case color (white), included a CRYORIG H7, and got rid of OEM Windows because you can find it more cheaply practically anywhere on the Internet.

You didn't specifically state your budget, but I assumed it was $1200. If it's actually more, I could fit in a better (relatively) 1070, a 2 TB hard drive or a bigger SSD, and perhaps even an AIO watercooler, like the NZXT Kraken x61.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

26 minutes ago, LordMastodon said:

You have a budget of $1200. You can definitely find a way to fit in an SSD. For starters, you can downgrade that 2 TB hard drive to a 1 TB hard drive and get a 240 GB SSD instead (I recommend PNY CS1311). You're getting ripped off on that RAM. You really don't need that many watts on your PSU, considering all you really have is an i5 and a 1070. You could probably make do with 550-600 easily. No one ever buys Windows from PCPartPicker, and you could probably find it a lot cheaper somewhere else. 

Here's a rig with all that stuff that you wanted, like the 1070, only adjusted to include an SSD and a CPU Cooler (you didn't have one): http://pcpartpicker.com/list/x9yq3F

Essentially, I saved you $10 on the RAM, downgraded to a 1 TB hard drive, included a fully modular power supply which actually fits your case color (white), included a CRYORIG H7, and got rid of OEM Windows because you can find it more cheaply practically anywhere on the Internet.

You didn't specifically state your budget, but I assumed it was $1200. If it's actually more, I could fit in a better (relatively) 1070, a 2 TB hard drive or a bigger SSD, and perhaps even an AIO watercooler, like the NZXT Kraken x61.

Does this look any better? Also, where is a reputable website that I could get a Windows 10 key for cheaper?

Markup3.png

Just now, Gagerzzzz said:

Does this look any better? Also, where is a reputable website that I could get a Windows 10 key for cheaper?

Markup3.png

Don't buy Corsair CX (M) series, they're really not meant for gaming.

Also, you forgot the CPU Cooler, and Samsung SSDs are way the hell overpriced. The PNY one was double the capacity for $10 more, while the 240 GB Samsung version is almost double the price. Not to mention, according to manufacturer specs, the PNY one genuinely outperforms the Samsung one.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

Reputable, cheap Windows 10: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

Spoiler

Fixed list with Black/Red S340, 240GB SSD, 23" IPS monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Phwk6X

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud