Project: White Shadow. last update: 03/01/14

UPDATE: 13/10/2013

i put my current pc into the shell of the new case, just to measure up window cuts, hole sizes, front panel, and cable management.

need some advice tho. looking at different cable management solutions:

as you can see from my brilliantly draw plans: 

option 1: is where i run the cables down right hand side of the mother board, through hole cut in the drive bays (you kinda have to imagine it, because it will be all white cables, a black case and all new hardware)

post-36132-0-58240700-1381690490_thumb.j

option 2: is where i run them behind the mobo tray (it'll be tight but it will work), and out through holes i with cut myself (its a bit boring and i was trying to be different but it may be the better looking option)

post-36132-0-48002500-1381690843_thumb.j

so what should i go for 1 or 2?

sorry for terrible drawings :P

If you're going to lace the cables or get them to look tidy with some other method,

my vote goes to option 1, otherwise door number 2.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Personally I'd go with option 2 but I'm not sure if it will fit behind the tray without molding it. It's mega tight

it does fit, just, but you're right, its a bit too tight for my liking 

If you're going to lace the cables or get them to look tidy with some other method,

my vote goes to option 1, otherwise door number 2.

my plan is re-sleeve, and make small brackets to hold them in place, so it will be neat 

I would have to say option #2. Just because to me it seems it would look better.... Just a suggestion though.... :P

Option 2 would look better. I wouldn't go with the 290x... It sucks for the price point. Get a 780 instead.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Option 2 would look better. I wouldn't go with the 290x... It sucks for the price point. Get a 780 instead.

option 2 is looking like the most popular then! and im going to see what the final prices are and the benchmarks, but i have been considering getting a 780 or a r9 280

I'd say option 2 personally, and looking forward to seeing more! Subbed!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

option 2 is looking like the most popular then! and im going to see what the final prices are and the benchmarks, but i have been considering getting a 780 or a r9 280

An R9 290x is going to run you $730 on Newegg... a 280 will perform nothing like a 780. I would either get a 780 or a 7990, although I would prefer the single gpu solution.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I'd say option 2 personally, and looking forward to seeing more! Subbed!

most people are saying 2, so im going with that and ty !

An R9 290x is going to run you $730 on Newegg... a 280 will perform nothing like a 780. I would either get a 780 or a 7990, although I would prefer the single gpu solution.

i thought the $730 price point was only what someone found in the coding and not yet confirmed? but anyways, if it is $730 i wont get it il go for the 780 (i prefer it over the 7990) if you are right, thanks for the info :P 

I would say 2 since I came up with that idea with you, along with widening the case.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would say 2 since I came up with that idea with you, along with widening the case.

yeah man, ive settled on 2, thanks for the idea, i will credit you! :P

if it was me id get 2x 7970 or 7990 look at there benchmarks! they are still packing a punch plus with the new cards coming out prices will be low on the old ones!

if it was me id get 2x 7970 or 7990 look at there benchmarks! they are still packing a punch plus with the new cards coming out prices will be low on the old ones!

I think ima get the 790 if the r9 290x is at the same price point the rumours say it will be

Pretty cool dude, too bad the case doesn't have good cooling. Good luck!

He can drill holes in the bottom, install 2 fans and put some stand-offs (I don't know the correct word for it) so that the case is 5cm higher or so ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

He can drill holes in the bottom, install 2 fans and put some stand-offs (I don't know the correct word for it) so that the case is 5cm higher or so ;)

yeah man i was thinking about getting some feet/stand-offs and mounting two/one corsair sp's down there. im going to post a full list of all parts and mods either tonight or Friday so il consider it if i think its needed

UPDATE: 19/10/13
progress is being made, ive nearly finalised plans for the front panel and hope to get it ordered by the end of the week, my dremel came recently so cuts have been made, the case has been windowed and appropriate motherboard cable route holes have been cut, the case is nearly stripped to raw metal to be ready for painting. i was going to spray it myself but i know a guy who can get it powder coated so that should be sorted soon.

as far as mods and parts go, im still waiting to see the benchmarks for all the new cards so i can decide what to get. but im going to be ordering soon:
- h100i
- 2x extra fans for underside cooling
- 24pin cable extension, aswell as sleeving and heatshrink to do the rest of the cables
- a Phobya radiator grill dual (240) Stripes - black, for the front of the case
- 3x Aircraft Toggle Switches for the power on and leds
- a sheet of Two Way Acrylic Mirror for the side panel
- many led strips and cathods for case lighting and mobo backlighting
- a 92mm fan for the back. lol :P
- case feet
and eventually i will be getting new ram

case in its current state:
post-36132-0-39861500-1382204477_thumb.j

more updates asap

- Fresh

looking good mate loving the brushed metal look atm tbh looks battletested! haha but yeah cant wait for the alpine slut to be finished 

looking good mate loving the brushed metal look atm tbh looks battletested! haha but yeah cant wait for the alpine slut to be finished 

ahhha i told you man, im not calling it the "alpine slut"  :D  :lol:  but thanks anyway ;)

UPDATE.. kinda..: 23/10/13

So its nearly time to get it powder coated, but i need to make a final decision, do i

[A] get it done black on the outside and white on the inside

post-36132-0-44885200-1382556090_thumb.j

or..

black on black?

post-36132-0-82704400-1382556084_thumb.j

.....? decisions.. decisions ..

looking good, subbed

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Personally, I vote black/black.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Personally, I vote black/black.

thats what im thinking too man

thats what im thinking too man

Definitely black-black!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906