Audio Completely Broken, Help?!?

TechMasterMind

Ok so my audio wont' work and if you have anby solutions then I'm open to suggestions because I know of no fix for this.

Bear in mind I have no audio at the moment but I have had it on and off but I have no idea what causes it to work/not work. This could be due to me having both a soundcard and motherboard audio? My PC is a dell xps 720.

So I've tried updating disabling all the drivers but it hasn't worked heres a sceenshot of the drivers that have issues:

And this also appears on my connected devices page, and btw the headset (USB composite device) is fine itself.

I've been trying for days now getting this to work I have even reinstalled windows but that hasn't worked.

Any help would be so appritiated I could hug you!

But for real, thanks a million!

i7 8700k 5.0GHz 4.0Ghz Cache (Stock Cooler)

2x8GB 3400mhz RAM 19-19-19-38

GTX 1060 3GB 2050Mhz Core, 9500Mhz Memory

Was the sound working before?
if so:
What were you doing when you discovered the issue?

#1 This is in the "Hot Deals" page while it should be in the "Help" page.

#2 Have you tried just unplugging the sound card?

If you're upgrading to a dedicated sound card, go into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio. Although nowadays having two audio devices should not cause any issues, it's worth a try. Also, you haven't posted any of the photos you said there were.

OnboardAudio.JPG

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

13 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

If you're upgrading to a dedicated sound card, go into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio. Although nowadays having two audio devices should not cause any issues, it's worth a try. Also, you haven't posted any of the photos you said there were.

OnboardAudio.JPG

I meant to put in photos but I couldnt print screen and paste, this is on an old lga 775 socket so I don't know if a 10 year old system starts to cause problems? And thanks a trillion I will try.

i7 8700k 5.0GHz 4.0Ghz Cache (Stock Cooler)

2x8GB 3400mhz RAM 19-19-19-38

GTX 1060 3GB 2050Mhz Core, 9500Mhz Memory