Please help, what is this screwhead?

Go to solution Solved by soup,

Are you sure those screws are meant to be removed (by a layman) ? 

Can't really see what they are, using various bits and trying to turn them hasn't helped.

Although the same screw in mirror positions :-

1st photo looks like a screwed up head that you have tried jamming various bits in and hence screwed the head.

2nd photo it makes it look like some sort of lobed head (torx, tri lobe or similar)

Might  be allens (hex sided)(if meant to be easily removable ).

Might be one of the many security bits which include everything from squares to tri lobes

Have a proper look with a torch and Magnifying glass see how many facets might tell you what you need or you could do the look and post the number of sides .

At least looks like there is no sort of pin in the screw so security bits with holes , seem to be, out of the question.

I have an hp laptop(HP-Compaq HP 15-AC048CA ). I recently dropped it so I got a replacement screen but I can't get the last two bottom screws out with all the screwdrivers I currently have.

Pictures are below.

Is that a square shaped screw? I honestly can't tell, I tryed a phillips and a 6 point circle scewdriver and it didn't work. The top screws were cross-shaped(phillips) but the bottom seem to be different since I can't get them out...Please tell me what the screw shape is and or a place to buy a screwdriver for it(CA stores/urls)

Spoiler

IMG_0949[1].JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0950[1].JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0951[1].JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0952[1].JPG

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

HP really likes torx bits:

Torx-Bits_T15-T20-T25-T30.jpg

I don't think its a torx since I had mutiple small to big versions of it and they didn't seem to fit

1 minute ago, ingoi said:

I don't think its a torx since I had mutiple small to big versions of it and they didn't seem to fit

i cant quite see from the picture, is it 6-sided?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i cant quite see from the picture, is it 6-sided?

don't think so, the screw looks weird because I shoved one too many incorrect screws in it and turned. Up close it looks like a werid circle or a square.

24 minutes ago, blu4 said:

It's a worn out screw- most likely stanley but you'll you have time trying to get it out...

What's a stanley?

Can't really see what they are, using various bits and trying to turn them hasn't helped.

1st photo looks like a screwed up head that you have tried jamming various bits in and hence screwed the head.

2nd photo it makes it look like some sort of lobed head (torx, tri lobe or similar)

Might be one of the many security bits which include everything from squares to tri lobes

Have a proper look with a torch and Magnifying glass see how many facets might tell you what you need or you could do the look and post the number of sides .

At least looks like there is no sort of pin in the screw so security bits with holes , seem to be, out of the question.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

On 7/26/2016 at 1:28 AM, soup said:

I actually ended up asking HP directly what the screwbits were. Turns out all the screws were Philips screws...guess it was on really tight..? Since I did use 8 variations and sizes of Philip screwdrivers..