IRQL Error and I am out of ideas, please help

IRQ errors can be anything from bad driver to bios settings.

You could try changing the USB IRQ in the bios, make sure they don't occupy the same IRQ as anything else.

Core i7 6700k @ 4800mhz 1.33v * 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000mhz * ASUS Z170-A * Corsair H100i * ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX @ 2100mhz * XFX Pro Black Edition 80+ Gold 850w * Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S * AOC U2879VF 28" 4K

5 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

It does this with all operating systems other than things like DamnSmall and Puppy Linux?
How much RAM do you have, and of what type? It seems to me that if it was working when your friend had it, and then immediately stopped the first time you put your parts in it, then it was either damaged during transport, or some of your components are incompatible. 

The RAM is showing up in the BIOS as usable memory as seen in the last picture. It's a single 4Gb RAM stick. 

Off the top of my head it's just generic kingston DDR3-1333, in ubuntu it's obviously not the same error message but essentially the same yeah. The only thing I can think being incompatible is the RAM but it's been tried with 3 different sticks from different brands.

If it was damaged during transport there are no visible signs of damage and no indication other than this issue. If this was the case there's no way of knowing is there?

4 hours ago, 1Cup1Tea said:

IRQ errors can be anything from bad driver to bios settings.

You could try changing the USB IRQ in the bios, make sure they don't occupy the same IRQ as anything else.

There's no drivers installed so there's not much I can do on that one.

How would I go about changing the USB IRQ? I haven't come across that before.

12 minutes ago, MonkeyManiacMB said:

The RAM is showing up in the BIOS as usable memory as seen in the last picture. It's a single 4Gb RAM stick. 

Off the top of my head it's just generic kingston DDR3-1333, in ubuntu it's obviously not the same error message but essentially the same yeah. The only thing I can think being incompatible is the RAM but it's been tried with 3 different sticks from different brands.

Well, that knocks out not meeting minimum requirements. Does your machine have a dvd drive?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

10 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Well, that knocks out not meeting minimum requirements. Does your machine have a dvd drive?

It did......... I put a DVD in it and it sent it sent the DVD flying around inside it somehow it think and yeah wreaked the DVD drive, when trying to install OS's with a DVD I just used a long SATA cable attached to a DVD drive in another computer or outside the case, the other computer providing the power for the drive, and that works no problems. (touch wood)

Long story short: I can attach a DVD drive if needed but as it is it doesn't have one atm

29 minutes ago, MonkeyManiacMB said:

There's no drivers installed so there's not much I can do on that one.

How would I go about changing the USB IRQ? I haven't come across that before.

You can use device manager and select view then click resources by type, then go to interrupt request (IRQ) here you will find all the IRQ's that are set to different hardware.

Core i7 6700k @ 4800mhz 1.33v * 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000mhz * ASUS Z170-A * Corsair H100i * ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX @ 2100mhz * XFX Pro Black Edition 80+ Gold 850w * Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S * AOC U2879VF 28" 4K

8 minutes ago, MonkeyManiacMB said:

Long story short: I can attach a DVD drive if needed but as it is it doesn't have one atm

Try to install from DVD instead of from USB. That may bypass any problems with the USB.

4 minutes ago, 1Cup1Tea said:

You can use device manager and select view then click resources by type, then go to interrupt request (IRQ) here you will find all the IRQ's that are set to different hardware.

He can't even get an OS installed...

Just now, straight_stewie said:

Try to install from DVD instead of from USB. That may bypass any problems with the USB.

:(

5 minutes ago, 1Cup1Tea said:

Pretty sure you are talking about inside an OS there yes? There is no OS installed.

Just now, MonkeyManiacMB said:

Pretty sure you are talking about inside an OS there yes? There is no OS installed.

Yeah sorry.

26 minutes ago, 1Cup1Tea said:

Yeah sorry.

All good, it's one of the things that makes this even more difficult.

28 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I'll try that again once I get home but in the past that hasn't made any difference as Ubuntu, Windows 7 and Windows XP have all been tried from a disk. And I can guarantee both the XP disk and Ubuntu disk are good as they have both been used in the past quite recently.

Just now, MonkeyManiacMB said:

I'll try that again once I get home but in the past that hasn't made any difference as Ubuntu, Windows 7 and Windows XP have all been tried from a disk. And I can guarantee both the XP disk and Ubuntu disk are good as they have both been used in the past quite recently.

Well, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry I couldn't solve it for you.

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Well, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry I couldn't solve it for you.

Thanks Okay, thanks for the help anyway, reassuring to know I'm not the only one who is out of ideas on this one.

Just clarifying, it's not possible to get a video output without a graphics card when the motherboard doesn't support onboard graphics is it? I saw a supposed solution to this issue online which said completely empty your PCI slots and use integrated graphics. Just checking there's no way that you know for me to try this using this mobo is there?