what is this card

braxtinc

i found it at work, and the guy didnt know what it was so i dont know if its good or not, yes its old

IMG_4370.JPG

duknow, shove it in a computer and check?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Its some basic GPU. Probably along the lines of a gt620 or a radeon 5450 or something.

It is useful if you have a computer without any graphics and don't plan on gaming...

When in doubt, re-format.

How about just installing it into some random PC and check what it is that way?

2 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

It's a 9300GE. Check the P/N.

Even older than I assumed!

When in doubt, re-format.

Overclock it. ;)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

It's a Graphic Processing Unit, able to run Digital Video Interface or High-Definition Multimedia Interface, connected to a Peripheral Component Interconnect Express.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

18 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

It's a 9300GE. Check the P/N.

Damn, I checked the part number and then started reading through the thread, you beat me to it.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

29 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Even older than I assumed!

The giveaway it was old & slow (bad combo) to sad people like me is that was clearly a DDR2 Hynix IC visible in the photo and not a DDR3 based one :) 

3 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

The giveaway it was old & slow (bad combo) to sad people like me is that was clearly a DDR2 Hynix IC visible in the photo and not a DDR3 based one :) 

I see the memory modules, but what tells you they're DDR2?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I see the memory modules, but what tells you they're DDR2?

Hynix ICs have a 3 character code at the end of the longest line which will tell you what IC it is (for ddr3: AFR, BFR, CFR, MFR are the most common ones you will see), and the JEDEC bin codes are different (although not visible on OPs imagine, it will be something like FP-Y5 wheres on DDR3 it is stuff like PBC)

24 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

Hynix ICs have a 3 character code at the end of the longest line which will tell you what IC it is (for ddr3: AFR, BFR, CFR, MFR are the most common ones you will see), and the JEDEC bin codes are different (although not visible on OPs imagine, it will be something like FP-Y5 wheres on DDR3 it is stuff like PBC)

(Sorry for potato)

Here is some MFR Based IC's for reference

5N5BiyP.jpg

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel