New Daily Driver Headphones.

RebelSam

I'm looking for a good set of headphones for like $40-60 US to replace my Razer Krakens as my daily drivers. I would like a really good brand like Sennheier or Beyer-Dynamics. Any recommendations?

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

Superlux HD668B, they are about $40 on Amazon, last I checked, and I love mine. Great sound, pretty darn comfortable, and cheap. The only issue I've had is one of the pads that sits atop your head split open on me (not a big deal at all) but I just put some electrical tape over it to keep it from splitting open further. They are treble cannons, as others call them, though, but personally I think they still sound great, much better than my previous Sennheiser HD 429s. 10/10 recommend.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

11 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Superlux HD668B, they are about $40 on Amazon, last I checked, and I love mine. Great sound, pretty darn comfortable, and cheap. The only issue I've had is one of the pads that sits atop your head split open on me (not a big deal at all) but I just put some electrical tape over it to keep it from splitting open further. They are treble cannons, as others call them, though, but personally I think they still sound great, much better than my previous Sennheiser HD 429s. 10/10 recommend.

Well I kinda like a lot of bass. And list to a lot of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock.

5 minutes ago, RebelSam said:

Well I kinda like a lot of bass. And list to a lot of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock.

Logan says treble makes his rock sound the way it should so lol. And I'd agree with him, I listen to a lot of classic rock. But if you want bass I'd look elsewhere, although these still get my recommendation.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

3 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Logan says treble makes his rock sound the way it should so lol. And I'd agree with him, I listen to a lot of classic rock. But if you want bass I'd look elsewhere, although these still get my recommendation.

Thanks I may look into them depending on what other recommendations i get.

I would recommend anything from Sennheisers HD 20X line (https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-205-II-Studio-Grade-Headphones/dp/B003LPTAZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469536589&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+205). Theirs all closed back sub $60 headphones that are very good for the price. The Superlux are also a great option as well depending on the sound signature that your going for.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

I know that Philips SHP9500 sometimes are on sale for 50-60$. There are also the famus Koss porta pro's, they are pretty good a bit on the warmer side of things, but great sound quality for the sound, they are what I would call semi open, because they leak a little, but not as much as fully open headphones. Lastly we also have Superlux, I think the best ones of those are in the pinned thread with headphone recommendations

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

A real cheap Sennheiser headphone that i saw is the HD 202. Haven't tried it yet, but generally you can't go wrong with a Sennheiser. A little bit cheaper one is the HD 201. There is an HD 180 though I am not sure if it's available in all markets.

If you can save up just an extra $20-$40 there becomes a whole lot more options in terms of good headphones, at the $100 mark there is a ton of different options out there and you'll get a great pair of headphones that'll last years. I find that when it comes to audio or electronics if I cheap out I end up regretting the purchase shortly down the line and end up upgrading anyways. I try to save myself that extra cost and hassle and just go with a higher quality product off the get go. My suggestions around the $80-$100 always include Sennheiser HD518/558 as an open-back choice the HD518's are about 50% off right now at only $67 new which is a steal imo or $50 used and the HD558's are $99 but you can also get them for around $60 used [ https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-518-Headphones-Black/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1469619384&sr=8-10&keywords=sennheiser / https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1469619384&sr=8-7&keywords=sennheiser ]. The HD518's have more bass but are also  made of lower quality materials respective to the price difference while HD558's are more balanced but with better pad material. Either way both are a great headphone with good soundstage and will be a good investment for the future. Another set of open-headphones I often recommend are the Audio Technica ATH-AD500X or 700X, the 500X you can get new for $75 while the 700X will be at least $99 new [ https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009S333U4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new / https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1469620425&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica+ath+ad700x&condition=new ]. You also have the Sennheiser HD280 Pro's as a closed-back option at $99 New or $65 Used [ https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-280-Pro-Headphones/dp/B000065BPB/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1469619384&sr=8-14&keywords=sennheiser ], they're one of the more recommended closed-back headphone's for an introduction into "audiophile" gear and you can try them almost anywhere. Even stores that don't specialize in headphones but are all around electronic stores will probably have them to try like Future Shop or Best Buy. Overall any of the Sennheiser's are headphones that pretty anyone who has tried them recommends, so you really can't go wrong with any of those pairs. Also since you did say that you want a headphone with a lot of bass the Beyerdynamic Custom Street $99 let you control the bass level although I've never tried them myself I have tried the Custom Pro Plus which is the next step up around $199 USD [ https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Custom-Street-Headphones-Black/dp/B00UK7ZQXO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1469619509&sr=8-11&keywords=beyerdynamic ].

Hope this helps!

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10