Need help! on this Asus motherboard error

My friend's system was working fine and suddenly this error popped up yesterday.

The current bios setting does not fully support the boot device

Go to advanced > Boot > CSM Parameters, and adjust the CSM settings to enable boot device

System specs:

Asus P8h77 m motherboard

ati radeon 6570

intel core i5 3470

4gb transcend ram

500 gb western digital hard drive

I have googled this error and could not find a specific answer. It would be great if anyone could help.

Cheers :)

What do you have it set on currently? I think UEFI and Legacy should both be enabled. Or am I way off from the problem..?

It a little brief could do with knowing what he was doing or if there was any up dates. Before the point of this message.

1st remove any usb memory/key sticks or cd that are in drive

2nd got into the bios and check that the WD HDD is set to boot drive and is 1st boot device

3rd go into the bios and set the sata back to IDE mode as no doubt windows was probably installed in this mode. Instead of ACHI or raid

4th try boot of the windows disk and try a windows repair as windows may have corrupt its boot manger

5th possible dead HDD try the drive in another pc. Do a disk check.

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

Are you running the default Bios that came with the board? or updated it recently?

sounds like the Bios isn't detecting an issue with what ever boot device / priority your using, like hard drive or you might have something else plugged in effecting it.

have you done anything or made any changes in the last week or so??

Check boot priority, also check windows update history, also can it read your hard drive in Bios?

Check power and sata connections.

usually any kind of problem is related to something has changed since it was working good, like an update, change in drivers, hardware, software. or component fail.

if you can check what has changed it might give a good idea. without more detailed information its hard to tell.

got to love Asus components

Thank you for the replies!. This is what I have done so far...

The bios has been updated using EZ flash utility.

Checked the bios for a hard drive and it does not show any sign of a hard drive.(Removed and reinstalled the HD and changed the SATA cable.)

The CMOS has not been cleared yet. (I'll do it now).

UEFI has only been enabled and the CSM is in "enabled" mode.

I am not able to set any boot options its been disabled.

Boot priority was 1st boot sata drive 2nd boot DVD RW when it was working.

And as for the updates and drivers my friend did not use the system much after installing the OS and it was working fine. Could it be the Windows update? (Windows 7 home premium)

Will do a disk check as AJ Richo told but my HD is not being detected

After I updated the bios it said "damaged or Invalid partition" before giving out the message "Press F1 to enter bios" does that mean something?

From that message I think the HDD is dead or corrupted

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

Check the SATA cables are in position, also there is a SATA setup in your BIOS, do the check-over there, look for something out of it's place... Seems that the board does not communicate with the boot device, maybe it has bad sectors.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The problem is solved !!!

Seems like the HD had a bad sector. As i was using a motherboard with CSM it just said "CSM is not compatible and check boot device" , so I installed the HD in a older asus board and it started repairing windows and finally posted the message BOOTMGR missing. Formatted the HD installed the OS now its working like a charm.! Thanks for the replies guys!