Holiday Abroad to China

Hello, 

I'll be going to China tomorrow for a month, a majority of my summer break where i vehemently  protested against. I had failed many subjects and need to catch up, but i  lack the means and the will to whilst im abroad. Especially because of the censorship that will block access to sites that i need to revise off not to mention youtube, or anime streaming sites that are blocked over yonder. I really need unblocked access so i decided to download a free vpn. Its called cyberghost and i want to make sure i will be able to bypass the "Great Chinese Firewall" and complete work. I've also heard about hola from chrome. What should i download or is my free vpn service fine? 

9 minutes ago, Mystery-Gears said:

Hello, 

I'll be going to China tomorrow for a month, a majority of my summer break where i vehemently  protested against. I had failed many subjects and need to catch up, but i  lack the means and the will to whilst im abroad. Especially because of the censorship that will block access to sites that i need to revise off not to mention youtube, or anime streaming sites that are blocked over yonder. I really need unblocked access so i decided to download a free vpn. Its called cyberghost and i want to make sure i will be able to bypass the "Great Chinese Firewall" and complete work. I've also heard about hola from chrome. What should i download or is my free vpn service fine? 

tunnelbear?

Dose cheap VPN's are mostly pure sh*t, get a premium one, like PIA, 1 month vor 6$, or get a vps and set up your own proxy :)

Hey.i am Chinese nationality here.

For me the best VPN I have used and still using is VPN.AC . Their app works great compare to other vpn service. Forget about tunnel bear.couldnt even log in here at China. Go check out their website at vpnac.com you can even visit their website without vpn in china. The speed was quite good. I can watch YouTube without any issue. Just don't expect watch it in 1080p and above. There are a lot of server you can choose. The ones that worked best for me are Japan server and hongkong as well as US west server. However I am located at Tianjin here, a city next to the capital. I am not sure if you went to the south part of china this VPN service is any good. But if you come here at Beijing, go try it out. 9 dollar a month. I have used other vpn such as shadowsocks, vpn express and etc, non of them can compare to vpn.ac's service. Their support is good too. I submitted 3 support tickets. All of them got replied within 12 hours. By human beings,lol ,not some stupid bot. Go try it out! Which city are you gonna visit? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

-snip- (I posted a thread 2 times somehow)

57 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Hey.i am Chinese nationality here.

For me the best VPN I have used and still using is VPN.AC . Their app works great compare to other vpn service. Forget about tunnel bear.couldnt even log in here at China. Go check out their website at vpnac.com you can even visit their website without vpn in china. The speed was quite good. I can watch YouTube without any issue. Just don't expect watch it in 1080p and above. There are a lot of server you can choose. The ones that worked best for me are Japan server and hongkong as well as US west server. However I am located at Tianjin here, a city next to the capital. I am not sure if you went to the south part of china this VPN service is any good. But if you come here at Beijing, go try it out. 9 dollar a month. I have used other vpn such as shadowsocks, vpn express and etc, non of them can compare to vpn.ac's service. Their support is good too. I submitted 3 support tickets. All of them git replied within 12 hours. By human beings,lol ,not some stupid bot. Go try it out! Which city are you gonna visit? 

Also if you are bored or if you need a tour guide or sth you can hit me up.

Im not sure, i think im going to the south west along the coast of china near Vietnam. But sure i wouldn't mind meeting yah lol, lets just hope the vpn service works.

27 minutes ago, Mystery-Gears said:

Im not sure, i think im going to the south west along the coast of china near Vietnam. But sure i wouldn't mind meeting yah lol, lets just hope the vpn service works.

Lol . If you are going to south part of china then I think I can't go there. It's to far. If you come to beijing maybe I can go. Coz if a take the bullet train it is gonna cost me half an hour to beijing. I'm pretty sure the vpn is gonna work though. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

Lol . If you are going to south part of china then I think I can't go there. It's to far. If you come to beijing maybe I can go. Coz if a take the bullet train it is gonna cost me half an hour to beijing. I'm pretty sure the vpn is gonna work though. 

I'll be visting Bejing i think. We just need to stay in touch, do you know chinese?

3 minutes ago, Mystery-Gears said:

I'll be visting Bejing i think. We just need to stay in touch, do you know chinese?

Hahahah, of course I know chinese. 

I am chinese. lol

I can PM you my num though. 

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Hahahah, of course I know chinese. 

I am chinese. lol

I can PM you my num though. 

Sure i don't mind. I'll be living there for a month so i wont be doung much. I would like to learn a bit of chinese though. 

9 hours ago, Flitter said:

Astrill works nicely for me.

How's their service???

Are you able to watch youtube and twitch.tv ?

On what settings??? 

9 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

How's their service???

Are you able to watch youtube and twitch.tv ?

On what settings??? 

It's really good to be honest, it's fast and I can switch through servers pretty much instantly. 1080p youtube for me, can't notice any difference between it being on and off in terms of speed

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

49 minutes ago, Flitter said:

It's really good to be honest, it's fast and I can switch through servers pretty much instantly. 1080p youtube for me, can't notice any difference between it being on and off in terms of speed

Really? I am definitely gonna try it out. 

Which city are you staying at? 

I am next to Beijing. 

43 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Really? I am definitely gonna try it out. 

Which city are you staying at? 

I am next to Beijing. 

haven't used it in china, but I used it in Turkey and it was great. I think it has a 7 day trial

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

10 hours ago, Flitter said:

haven't used it in china, but I used it in Turkey and it was great. I think it has a 7 day trial

I see. Thanks for the info!