My CoolerMaster V700 Review

orangecat

I have never done a review so this is most likely just going to be my opinion about this unit.

First off I really needed a new PSU but I wasn't about to go buy another cheap one that will just die and catch my house on fire. I started looking online for a nice unit that was cheap but I couldn't find one. I knew what brands were good but it was hard to find the one PSU that was for me. Somehow I ending up coming across the CoolerMaster V700 and after looking at a few reviews online I decided to get one. The specs where very nice. This unit had a nice beefy +12v rail with a nice 58 amps. The +12v rail is capable of near the entire units power and it has very low voltage ripple (around 25vm at full load, ATX standard is spec'd at 120vm). This unit had no coil whine even under idle and what my PC calls full load. This PSU also did not cause any of the components in my PC to have coil whine so that was also great. Lets move onto the look of this unit because man does it look good. The PSU has a very nice simple black design. The sides are nice and durable and the bottom where the fanis is a brushed aluminum. The sides of this unit are very simple only sporting a VXXX logo and the CoolerMaster logo. Now lets look at the connectors. The connectors on this unit are all modular including the 24pin. The only problem I had with this unit was out of the box the cables are very very stiff but they are nice and thick wires also they are black and flat. The fan on this unit is very quiet in fact the fan RPM doesn't change much from 0% load to 100% load. Did I mention how heavy this PSU was? This PSU weighs quite a bit and it feels very very well built nothing rattles or feels even remotely loose. The included cables are nice and long so even in the largest of cases you shouldn't have to much of a problem routing the cables unless you have a massive case. The power cable that came with this PSU wasn't very long but boy was it a beefy one.

I would really have to give this PSU a 9.5/10 because of its amazing build quality. I was more then blown away when I got this PSU in fact it made my overclocks higher. This PSU was much more stable then the one I had before and it is quite nice for 150$ USD.

If you are looking for a nice, powerful and well prices PSU I would seriously recommend this one to anybody.

Here are some pictures to show off the PSU...

post-858-0-02194900-1381111148_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-28640200-1381111162_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-21072500-1381111198_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-43403200-1381111226_thumb.jpg

Notice the lack of glue all over the PCB... =D

Ill keep this in mind when building my system :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

One of my favorite power supplies.  :wub:

The Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 would be my #1 and this would probably be #2 for the quality to price ratio.

• 4 weeks later...