European PC building

Centinor

Hello Tech tips enthusiasts,

Before i start, i would like to apologize for the grammatical or spelling errors i may make. (My english is out of practice.)

On to the main topic!

I often watch Linus' build video's, eager to start building myself. But in all his budget build, regular builds or yearly special builds, he

has a tendency to have links to online retailers that are unavailable for us european weaklings!  :S (e.g. Newegg)

The few ones we have in common seem either pricier or just not clear for navigation. (yes Amazon, i'm looking at you)

Even if one was not to go for new parts (budget buyers like in my case), the choices seem quite limiting. Craigslist exists but seems barren and

devoid of any computer components in Belgium. So going for the Scrapyard method (big fan of that!) seems to be complicated.

Anyway, the reason i'm making this post is to make a cry for help. I would like to know how european computer enthusiasts get their hardware

and any tricks europeans have to get cheaper or second hand deals.(specifically online) 

Yours Sincerely,

Centinor

P.S: I might need some help with a build in the future, but at the moment i just want to know where the good places to look are... if they exist...

Edit: Thanks alot for the speedy response! i really appreciate it!  i'll update the orignal post with my country.

Edited by Centinor
nice user replies

Hi Centinor. Amazon can be a bit tricky to navigate, yes, but once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature. If I may give you a suggestion, if you're on a budget avoid the newly-released NVidia cards: their limited availability makes their prices skyrocket to absurd levels.

I agree with @DEcobra11 that you should share where you're planning to buy your components and what your budget it.

Amazon on eBay are the best bet for the EU in general, idk many other retailers outside of the UK so can't really help you on that.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

thanks alot for the speedy response!

I live in belgium for others with great information.

Also i do need a good card for my univercity work (mostly 3d mapping and layering), but seeing as i'm doing it on a laptop atm, i think any "highend" PC graphic card from the last 3 years should be good enough. Any recommendations?

Edited by Centinor

in belgium alternate is defenately the way to go. their in-house warranty policies have been great for me (and i have A LOT of failures... :P)

just gonna say they're NOT the cheapest, but you win that back in their exceptional care for your components, and their service. (if you go to the store and buy something heavy, THEY will carry it to your car.)

as for choosing your build, i suggest using PCPartPicker on "germany" and expect that price to raise by about 10-ish %

(we can help you out picking parts if you give us a budget and purpose, the more precise you are, the better we can help. that's what we're here for.)

--

and i DEFENATELY suggest going all new parts if you have the money, or if you dont have a "reliable source" (friends, a local company that needs a dump for their old stuff, etc.) of second hard parts.

well atm i'm doing all my univercity work on a laptop that has

5th Generation Intel Core i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)]

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 920M 4GB DDR3 

I'd need something with this kind of power, i would like to have a better graphics card. I'm not sure how mobile graphic cards hold up compaired to desktop versions, but to my understanding they should be better.

And the main reason why i envisioned to go second hand is to potentially get higherend cards of an older generation for less then they go for new. Also just to cut costs.

If you want something with that power just say the budget it is easy to make a list and PC is for gaming or?

I do light gaming along the lines of overwatch and Wow. But no higher than that. No witcher, Tomb raider, Battlefront for me. (no time)

Also when it comes to budget, i would like to stay around the 600-700euro mark, but not much higher than 780euro's. Also Dual card setups don't really interest me. The only thing that i'd rather have is enough ram slots to maybe go up to 32 and the capacity to eventually swap out graphics card if i happen to find a bargin on a better one in a year or two's time. Wireless Network card will also be necissary seeing as i unfortunately got one of the rooms without wired internet in my student house so i'm stuck to wifi.