The Classic My Computer freezes and i have to force a reboot

PC

Win 10

64bit

16gb ddr 4

760 gtx

I need help troubleshooting this :(

My computer freezes from time to time. When it does i have to force a restart.

I have no problems with cooling and all my Temps are more than fine.

Ive ran a dianostics on my Ram and tried the old take em out and put them back in. And from what i understand my Ram is just fine.

I have an older gtx 760 that i suspect could be the problem.

I also have an older CX650m corsair powersupply.

What steps do i take from here to sovle my problem ? I dont know what to do :(

please help

- Ped3n 

English is not my first language :D hope this makes sense

When you say "the classic My Computer", what are you referring to?  What is your OS?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, Ped3n said:

pc win 10 

Oh I think I may have misinterpreted this a bit... You're just saying your computer is freezing, in general, and it doesn't have anything specifically to do with the "My Computer" explorer window, right? :)

You said you suspect the GPU is the issue.  Have you tried running it in a different system or running yours without it?  If you have reason to believe that's the problem, may as well check it first.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i see what i did :) By my computer i mean The pc im angry at freezes.

The problem i have is that my PC ;) just sometimes freezes up. And then i have to force a restart. I can play for hours and it dosent happen and then it just freezes up and i restart. 

I simply don't know what to look for at this point. Ive checked my Ram and my temps are fine. Could it be the GFX card ? I run 2 monitors and play on one and stream or whatever on the other one. Its an older GPU as i explained. I was just wondering if it was known that when the GPU gets old problems like mine could appear.

11 hours ago, Ped3n said:

i see what i did :) By my computer i mean The pc im angry at freezes.

The problem i have is that my PC ;) just sometimes freezes up. And then i have to force a restart. I can play for hours and it dosent happen and then it just freezes up and i restart. 

I simply don't know what to look for at this point. Ive checked my Ram and my temps are fine. Could it be the GFX card ? I run 2 monitors and play on one and stream or whatever on the other one. Its an older GPU as i explained. I was just wondering if it was known that when the GPU gets old problems like mine could appear.

My instinct is telling me there might be an issue with the motherboard, having witnessed this behaviour on a few systems that turned out to have that as the problem.  But, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.  You said you think it might be the video card, so why not test it out like I said above?

Were you overclocking?

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

I have a gameboost oc on my cpu nothing else. 

Ive taken the gpu out cleaned it up and but it back in. But im afraid its the mb since i did do as u said. And ive had freeze moments without the gpu

Is the windows 10 install an upgrade or a clean install.

If it's an upgrade, then that might be the problem there since I upgraded last week and almost every day I've had to do a forced shutdown of my laptop because it locks up and becomes unresponsive.

You also haven't mentioned what hard drives you have (even though it isn't too important) since if windows 10 is installed on a mechanical hard drive and the room is quiet enough, you might just hear the read/write head of the hard drive parking just before it goes unresponsive.