Seasonic vs Corsair

TimDK

Hey guys i know seasonic makes the psus for corsair but

wich 1 would you guys prefer

Seasonic platinum or corsair AXI series ?

Probably the Corsair because the finish on it is a little better. In terms of aesthetics, I've always like the Corsair PSU's because a lot of the others look all flashy with things written all over them.

That being said though, I do not see the point in buying such an expensive PSU - the platinum rating means little to nothing in real world usage.

I would like to link this article detailing who really does the PSUs for other companies: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

Seasonic makes the 650AX, 750AX and 850AX for Corsair.

Flextronics makes the 1200AX, AX760i, AX860i, and AX1200i for Corsair.

Everything Seasonic branded, Seasonic makes in house all by themselves. So I would go for the Seasonic platinum as the AXi series is not made by Seasonic for Corsair.

I do like the look on the newer SeaSonic Platinum units like the 660/760W models, almost all black, very clean. Unfortunately hasn't made it to the 1000W unit yet, and they don't have any higher wattage units (dreams of SeaSonic powering 3 titans are crushed... :(

I would like to link this article detailing who really does the PSUs for other companies: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

Seasonic makes the 650AX, 750AX and 850AX for Corsair.

Flextronics makes the 1200AX, AX760i, AX860i, and AX1200i for Corsair.

Everything Seasonic branded, Seasonic makes in house all by themselves. So I would go for the Seasonic platinum as the AXi series is not made by Seasonic for Corsair.

Heres another list of who manufactures your psu: http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I like Corsair psus because of their design rather than the Seasonic which is very simple imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Not really a pro, but i'd go with Seasonic too. The aesthetics is not bad and its cheaper than the Corsair, considering there is nothing to compare in terms of features.

I5 4670K~ MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 1866 16GB RED~ MSI GTX770 GAMING~ NZXT PHANTOM 630 BLACK~ SEAGATE 7200RPM 1TB, PLEXTOR 256GB M5 PRO SSD~ SEASONIC X-1050M 80 PLUS GOLD~ ACER H236HL BID~ CORSAIR H100I~  RAZER BLACK WIDOW 2010~ STEELSERIES KANA DOTA 2 EDITION~ CREATIVE SBS A550