R9 270 Windforce cooler on Reference RX 480 8GB?

My brother has a dead Gigabyte Windforce R9 270 that he got from his friend, and I have an XFX RX 480 8GB Reference card that I traded my XFX R9 390 Dual Fan with the same person who gave him the 270.

Would it be possible to put the Windforce cooler from the 270 onto the RX 480, and if so, would the backplate still be able to be used and would I need anything in addition to some thermal adhesive for the RAM chips? I've attached pictures of the R9 270 with the screw points circled in MS Paint, and a VideoCardz stock image of a reference RX 480 with the screw holes circled in Paint as well. I'm also going to be posting this question on r/AMD to see what feedback I get there as well.

IMG_20160721_174629.jpg

IMG_20160721_174643.jpg

XFX-RX-480-BLACK-Edition-1.jpg

6 minutes ago, N3XU5 said:

My brother has a dead Gigabyte Windforce R9 270 that he got from his friend, and I have an XFX RX 480 8GB Reference card that I traded my XFX R9 390 Dual Fan with the same person who gave him the 270.

Would it be possible to put the Windforce cooler from the 270 onto the RX 480, and if so, would the backplate still be able to be used and would I need anything in addition to some thermal adhesive for the RAM chips? I've attached pictures of the R9 270 with the screw points circled in MS Paint, and a VideoCardz stock image of a reference RX 480 with the screw holes circled in Paint as well. I'm also going to be posting this question on r/AMD to see what feedback I get there as well.

You will probably need to make a lot of modifications to the contact areas as the PCB layout is different, even if the screw holes are an exact match which I doubt you will most likely have problems with RAM chips and VRM modules not being cooled or getting in the way. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

You will probably need to make a lot of modifications to the contact areas as the PCB layout is different, even if the screw holes are an exact match which I doubt you will most likely have problems with RAM chips and VRM modules not being cooled or getting in the way. 

What kind of modification would that be?

Just now, N3XU5 said:

What kind of modification would that be?

Depends on how things are different between the cards if they are very similar could just be a little cut here and there but if the layout is very different it could not work at all without remaking or designing the whole bottom contact plate. 

I'm going to advise against this. 

But hey, post results & video if you go ahead. 

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

I'm going to advise against this. 

But hey, post results & video if you go ahead. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Depends on how things are different between the cards if they are very similar could just be a little cut here and there but if the layout is very different it could not work at all without remaking or designing the whole bottom contact plate. 

I think I'm going to not attempt this, but it would be great if it would great. I'll probably get a hybrid/water cooler on it at some point.