Xx_Help Please_xX - Iphone 6s Home Button Replacement/Error 53

Hello! So, I have no idea what happened, but somehow today I cracked the home button on my iphone 6s. The home button still works fine, but touch id doesn't. Not having touch id doesn't bother me too much (although it is nice), however a shattered home button really irritates me. I am fairly comfortable repairing electronics, so this is more of an error 53 question. I have LED logo modded my iphone, so I no longer am able to send my phone to apple to re-activate it after I install a new home button, so I'm not really sure what my options are. Does anyone know of a 3rd party company that would be willing to help me (with a modded iphone) to verify the repair (or even do it if they have a way to verify it)? I could always try to undo the mod, but once someone opens the phone they will know something is different. Also, anyone know what this might cost? Anything you have to say is extremely helpful and appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

-Calvin

Edit: So It's looking like I'm going to install a new home button myself, and not restore any of the touch-id features. I'm okay with that. My question now is that I am currently on ios 9.2 (still holding out for a jailbreak). Do I need to be on ios 9.3 before the repair to make sure I don't brick my phone? Or am I safe to do it now? Thanks for the help

Edited by Xx_Nivlac_xX

Don't mess around with apple electronics. No one apart form apple can unlock your phone and they won't do it because you didn't pay the apple repair tax. You are basically screwed right now. I don't want to be a bitch, but if you are comfortable with electronics you should know that's what you get for messing with apple hardware.

15 minutes ago, Xx_Nivlac_xX said:

Hello! So, I have no idea what happened, but somehow today I cracked the home button on my iphone 6s. The home button still works fine, but touch id doesn't. Not having touch id doesn't bother me too much (although it is nice), however a shattered home button really irritates me. I am fairly comfortable repairing electronics, so this is more of an error 53 question. I have LED logo modded my iphone, so I no longer am able to send my phone to apple to re-activate it after I install a new home button, so I'm not really sure what my options are. Does anyone know of a 3rd party company that would be willing to help me (with a modded iphone) to verify the repair (or even do it if they have a way to verify it)? I could always try to undo the mod, but once someone opens the phone they will know something is different. Also, anyone know what this might cost? Anything you have to say is extremely helpful and appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

-Calvin

Apple will not touch your phone once it's been modified. Third parties can't activate it, only Apple can. Replacing the button yourself isn't something I can recommend.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x