IS KINGUIN LEGIT ?

Hey guys. Looking to buy Windows 7 professional and I saw that you can get it on Kinguin for literally 20$. It seems a little bit sketchy since the key is only 20$ and its almost to good to be true. They also have buyer protection which makes the buyer protected if the key is invalid or duplicated etc... which a pretty neat feature but I still question the sellers. Do you guys have any experiences with the website ?

Just now, Exoclap said:

Hey guys. Looking to buy Windows 7 professional and I saw that you can get it on Kinguin for literally 20$. It seems a little bit sketchy since the key is only 20$ and its almost to good to be true. They also have buyer protection which makes the buyer protected if the key is invalid or duplicated etc... which a pretty neat feature but I still question the sellers. Do you guys have any experiences with the website ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTqz3Fd28M

Hello

2 minutes ago, Exoclap said:

These are normally stolen/misused volume licence keys. This is against the microsft contract. Sometimes these keys will deactivate over time.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

These are normally stolen/misused volume licence keys. This is against the microsft contract. Sometimes these keys will deactivate over time.

Yeah but the buyer is under kinguin buyer protection so if the key is deactivated you can get a new one. Checked out bunch of sellers on Kinguin and they all have almost 100% positive feedback .

Paul had no problem with his key and like OP mentioned there is protection

Hello

Just now, Exoclap said:

Yeah but the buyer is under kinguin buyer protection so if the key is deactivated you can get a new one. Checked out bunch of sellers on Kinguin and they all have almost 100% positive feedback .

Still doesn't make it legal. The moeny isn't going to the creator of the software.

Personally id pirate or buy from microsoft.

To answer the question in the subject: kinda sorta...

When in doubt, re-format.

Still doesn't make it legal. The moeny isn't going to the creator of the software.

Personally id pirate or buy from microsoft.

WTH a pirated copy is worse and its illegal.

These are just people who buy keys at wholesale price to sell cheaper

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

WTH a pirated copy is worse and its illegal.

These are just people who buy keys at wholesale price to sell cheaper

You can't buy keys for this use. These are normally technet keys that you arent allow to allow others to use.

I'd definitely use kinguin for a windows license, even if it isn't all above board microsoft is raking in the dough, I only feel bad if I'm ending up screwing small devs. I think kinguin claims they're extra equipment manufacturer keys, since they're bought in bulk manufacturers get them cheaper and so can sell them for so little and still make some money off them, but like I said a giant like microsoft I'm not worried if I end up with their product and them not seeing my money

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 minute ago, Cyracus said:

I'd definitely use kinguin for a windows license, even if it isn't all above board microsoft is raking in the dough, I only feel bad if I'm ending up screwing small devs. I think kinguin claims they're extra equipment manufacturer keys, since they're bought in bulk manufacturers get them cheaper and so can sell them for so little and still make some money off them, but like I said a giant like microsoft I'm not worried if I end up with their product and them not seeing my money

True that, and what makes me want to buy the keys even more are all those positive reviews some sellers have even 100% positive feedback and after all you have buyer protection so I guess I will just go with Kinguin. Especially now that I saw the video from Paul that has over 500k views and the people in comment section have no more than good things to say about the website.

So basically... They made use of the free Windows 10 upgrade, grab the key, by gathering used Windows 7 keys from who-knows-where? They then proceed to resell the Windows 7 key (that was used to upgrade to a Windows 10,) and also sell the Windows 10 key that was initial free to begin with if you upgraded. Hmm... Interesting.

The Windows 10 key should be worth looking into, since you can't activate it more than once on different PC.

Just now, Supermangik said:

So basically... They made use of the free Windows 10 upgrade, grab the key, by gathering used Windows 7 keys from who-knows-where? They then proceed to resell the Windows 7 key (that was used to upgrade to a Windows 10,) and also sell the Windows 10 key that was initial free to begin with if you upgraded. Hmm... Interesting.

The Windows 10 key should be worth looking into, since you can't activate it more than once on different PC.

I personally don't like Windows 10. I will buy Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 next week since the free upgrade is only available for 10 more days. We will all need to upgrade to Windows 10 eventually.

2 minutes ago, Exoclap said:

I personally don't like Windows 10. I will buy Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 next week since the free upgrade is only available for 10 more days. We will all need to upgrade to Windows 10 eventually.

The Windows 7 key may be reused by other users, and someone might have already activated the Windows 7 key for Windows 10. I would suggest going straight to Windows 10 instead, and since it is hardware locked, it could be pretty safe to get it from Kinguin. Any other OS keys, I wouldn't buy. Just my thought of the matter anyways. Paul Hardware uses Kinguin also, and regularly to purchase his Windows 10, 

Just now, Supermangik said:

The Windows 7 key may be reused by other users, and someone might have already activated the Windows 7 key for Windows 10. I would suggest going straight to Windows 10 instead, and since it is hardware locked, it could be pretty safe to get it from Kinguin. Any other OS keys, I wouldn't buy.

I see your point. Will consider it. Thanks for the info ! 

11 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

The Windows 7 key may be reused by other users, and someone might have already activated the Windows 7 key for Windows 10. I would suggest going straight to Windows 10 instead, and since it is hardware locked, it could be pretty safe to get it from Kinguin. Any other OS keys, I wouldn't buy. Just my thought of the matter anyways. Paul Hardware uses Kinguin also, and regularly to purchase his Windows 10, 

One more thing what is the difference between OEM key and RETAIL key. Since I cant buy RETAIL key from Kinguin.

1 hour ago, Exoclap said:

One more thing what is the difference between OEM key and RETAIL key. Since I cant buy RETAIL key from Kinguin.

OEM is a 1 time use key and you don't get support from Microsoft its what manufacturers use. Retail you can use on other computers and you get Microsoft support 

Hello