Custom Loop for only 90$.

harmeet_randhawa5

As my budget was not much and in my city there is not much about computers to buy so I had to import the case and loop from China. CPU, Motherboard and GPU are already 4 years old. Cable management was a bit difficult and took me 2 days to make it perfect. Now when I close the side panel nothing intrudes and it seats perfectly. It would be helpful if someone can give a name to my build.

The specs are:

AMD FX 6100

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Zotac 650ti Boost 2GB

8 GB Corsair Vengeance and 4GB Corsair Value Select

Samsung 850 Evo 120G

WD Black 1TB

Cooler Master 750W

Fractal Design Define R5

240+120 Rad

2M RGB LED strip

Thanks.

P_20160716_153946_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_085926_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_090001_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_090039_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_090048_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_090058_p.jpg

P_20160719_090108_p.jpg

P_20160719_090141_1_p.jpg

P_20160719_090223_1_p.jpg

Wish-washer!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Listerine :D

TBH I would be very skeptical about quality and longevity of that loop but it looks nice.

It looks nice but it scares me.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Great!!!! Everything is wonderful except chaotic tubing.

That loop doesn't look bad for $90. My only worry about the tubing is near the front rad connecting to the reservoir. Looks like it's prone to kinking a bit.

What kind of a Waterblock is that on the GPU? 0.o It doesn't cover or cool any of the ram, vrm's etc. looks kinda scary

12 hours ago, XxRockTheBamxX said:

What kind of a Waterblock is that on the GPU? 0.o It doesn't cover or cool any of the ram, vrm's etc. looks kinda scary

Yeah, I couldnt find a waterblock for my 650ti Boost. So just used a fan in the bottom that blows air directly to the card.

4 hours ago, harmeet_randhawa5 said:

Yeah, I couldnt find a waterblock for my 650ti Boost. So just used a fan in the bottom that blows air directly to the card.

Do yourself a favor, get on ebay or amazon and order some small heat fins and some thermal pads that will fit the VRM's Ram etc. your card will last longer. just a fan blowing at bare hardware isn't going to help, because you need some kind of a medium for the heat to transfer into the air.

https://www.amazon.com/Omall-Aluminum-Heatsink-Raspberry-Heatsinks/dp/B01715GTNS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469555594&sr=8-2&keywords=ram+heat+fins

can u send me the link of the reservoir pump combo?

14 hours ago, XxRockTheBamxX said:

Do yourself a favor, get on ebay or amazon and order some small heat fins and some thermal pads that will fit the VRM's Ram etc. your card will last longer. just a fan blowing at bare hardware isn't going to help, because you need some kind of a medium for the heat to transfer into the air.

https://www.amazon.com/Omall-Aluminum-Heatsink-Raspberry-Heatsinks/dp/B01715GTNS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469555594&sr=8-2&keywords=ram+heat+fins

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I found that my kit already included these but I was unaware of what to do with it. Now I attached those to the card. If you didnt told me I would have unaware of those things. Thanks.  

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

IMG_5573.JPG

7 hours ago, ov3rc4st said:

can u send me the link of the reservoir pump combo?

I got these from China personally. And I actually don't recommend the pump especially for the reliability. Its Bykski pump and reservoir combo.

Better than nothing mate, I would personally put some of them on the chokes too (the things that say R22, at least that's what I'm assuming those are) and whatever you attached fins to on the top side of the card didn't need them seeing as the stock cooler didn't touch them anyway, pull them off the top and move them around to anything else you can find on the side with the block, otherwise they where extras.

READ MY NEXT POST

Alright I just re inspected all your pictures, the kit you got came with 7 fins, they all go on the bottom of the card, 4 of them go on the chokes (things that say R22) one small black chip right below the chokes, and the two other ones you already have fins on, like so. there is no coincidence that the kit included 7 of them.

IMG_5570.thumb.JPG.a11e1addcabeffb5d003916960f085a5.JPG

P_20160719_090223_1_p.thumb.jpg.5a12fdfe9d67c8907d5acf70cbf2b574.jpg

I fixed that. Thanks. Any more improvement should I do to my loop? And if my loop has bubbles should I be worried?

P_20160728_115505_1_p.jpg

On 7/27/2016 at 4:02 PM, XxRockTheBamxX said:

Alright I just re inspected all your pictures, the kit you got came with 7 fins, they all go on the bottom of the card, 4 of them go on the chokes (things that say R22) one small black chip right below the chokes, and the two other ones you already have fins on, like so. there is no coincidence that the kit included 7 of them.

Please check that did I do it correct way? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, harmeet_randhawa5 said:

Your loop has bubbles because it is not full -- which is typically not good if you have too much air in your loop.

You just need to top-up your loop.

Just look at your pictures.

Spoiler

Spoiler

P_20160719_090108_p.jpg

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

6 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Your loop has bubbles because it is not full -- which is typically not good if you have too much air in your loop.

You just need to top-up your loop.

Just look at your pictures.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

P_20160719_090108_p.jpg

To top-up my loop I have to change the inlet from the top of the reservoir to the bottom one. This is my first time water cooling so I didn't know that I should make the inlet in the bottom. To do it I will loose some liquid and I have very less of it left. Problem is I cant buy the liquid anywhere in my country. So any way around to do that? Thanks.

2 hours ago, harmeet_randhawa5 said:

you need to remove the small heat fins from the top of the card, the two that I circled in blue are ones you put in the correct spot, you need to take the two off of the top side of the card as well as the extras you have and put them in the places I circled in black. and as far as having air in your loop, the way you have it set up will create some air pockets when the computer is off due to the hose draining into the top of the reservoir, but so long as the reservoir stays full, they should purge within a few seconds of the computer being turned on. but you really need to move all those fins to the locations I told you, those are all things that need cooling, and could potentially over heat If you don't place the fins on them.

11 minutes ago, XxRockTheBamxX said:

you need to remove the small heat fins from the top of the card, the two that I circled in blue are ones you put in the correct spot, you need to take the two off of the top side of the card as well as the extras you have and put them in the places I circled in black. and as far as having air in your loop, the way you have it set up will create some air pockets when the computer is off due to the hose draining into the top of the reservoir, but so long as the reservoir stays full, they should purge within a few seconds of the computer being turned on. but you really need to move all those fins to the locations I told you, those are all things that need cooling, and could potentially over heat If you don't place the fins on them.

I relocated them. Is it in the correct spot? No fins are on the top of the card.

P_20160728_115505_1_p.jpg

On 7/28/2016 at 4:06 AM, harmeet_randhawa5 said:

I relocated them. Is it in the correct spot? No fins are on the top of the card.

yes that would seem to be perfect. you should be all good now, and as far as your loop is concerned, so long as you don't see any bubbles in the lines when the computer is on, and your reservoir never runs dry, I wouldn't worry about it. the way you have it set up although not optimal, will basically purge itself every time the pump turns on. now that you have all of the cooling fins sorted out and such, you should do some benchmarks and post some CPU and GPU temps on this thread, I'm sure we are all interested

5 hours ago, XxRockTheBamxX said:

yes that would seem to be perfect. you should be all good now, and as far as your loop is concerned, so long as you don't see any bubbles in the lines when the computer is on, and your reservoir never runs dry, I wouldn't worry about it. the way you have it set up although not optimal, will basically purge itself every time the pump turns on. now that you have all of the cooling fins sorted out and such, you should do some benchmarks and post some CPU and GPU temps on this thread, I'm sure we are all interested

Thanks for the help. Please suggest me some good software to benchmark my computer. I have a extremely slow internet connection so if the file is smaller in size will be helpful. 

3 hours ago, harmeet_randhawa5 said:

Thanks for the help. Please suggest me some good software to benchmark my computer. I have a extremely slow internet connection so if the file is smaller in size will be helpful. 

Prime 95 is free and will test the hell out of your CPU, and Unigine Heaven is a free gpu benchmark that even linus uses. make sure you have something like HW monitor or Asus AI suite to monitor your CPU temps, and if you use AI suite keep in mind that the reading will be around 5 degrees high compared to actual package temp.

http://www.mersenne.org/download/     Prime 95

https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/heaven/     Unigine Heaven - might take a little while but its only around 200mb

Oh and when you launch prime 95 and it asks what test you want to run pick the top option, small FFTs

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Changed the tubing run to have less bubbles. Now the system is very silent. Before I could hear a burbling sound of the water. And installed the Bluetooth wire which I forgot and I was thinking why its not working.

P_20160808_090041_1_p.jpg

P_20160808_090244_1_p.jpg