Distorted Audio with 7.1 surround sound in recording

ryslinkee

I have a pair of Logitech G930s and in the Windows sound menu, it has 7.1 surround (I'm assuming this is the issue) which is true, as the G930s have "7.1 surround sound". However, my recording is muffled, and doesn't sound very good. It sounds like you are playing the audio from the computer with a good pair of speakers into a good mic, but I'm obviously not doing this. When I play sound through my monitor's speakers, it records fine and sounds just like the audio I hear. Keep in mind, everything I hear is fine. It is just in the recording. I have tried this in Windows 8.1 on another computer and it does the same thing.

27 minutes ago, ryslinkee said:

I have a pair of Logitech G930s and in the Windows sound menu, it has 7.1 surround (I'm assuming this is the issue) which is true, as the G930s have "7.1 surround sound". However, my recording is muffled, and doesn't sound very good. It sounds like you are playing the audio from the computer with a good pair of speakers into a good mic, but I'm obviously not doing this. When I play sound through my monitor's speakers, it records fine and sounds just like the audio I hear. Keep in mind, everything I hear is fine. It is just in the recording. I have tried this in Windows 8.1 on another computer and it does the same thing.

That happens to be on my G430's and it cause the 7.1 Surround is a pile of s***, i only use it in games and when the volume gets to loud with surround they speakers crackle, basically the headphones are crap a 7.1

14 hours ago, ryslinkee said:

Have you tried listening on the headphones with surround sound disabled?  You are trying to listen to at most a 2-channel stereo track on a Dolby Digital surround sound headset.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

On 7/19/2016 at 11:51 AM, ALwin said:

Have you tried listening on the headphones with surround sound disabled?  You are trying to listen to at most a 2-channel stereo track on a Dolby Digital surround sound headset.

Don't quite get what you mean with the last part, but yes. I have disabled the surround sound, uninstalled drivers, software, etc. Like I said, it's not an issue with playback completely, just recording. If you want an example, you can listen here, not the best, but while recording, their mics sounded very crisp.