Trying to switch to amd

I bought a pc from my friend last year and it was great for what I was doing at the time which was just school work and some mine craft well now I play a lot of civ 5 and it really taxes my GPu. I currently have an msi n610gt which is a cheap card and I know that but I want to make the switch to amd but I don't know a whole lot. I want to spend around 100-150 usd on a new card. 

My current build is 

Msi 760gma-p34 

Amd fx4300 

Msi n610gt 

A corsair 600w power supply. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

The r9 380 4gb strix for $155 after rebates if you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

to be honest... anything will be better than a GT610..

EDIT: for reference, that cpu is a brick, but a GT610 is so bad it'll actually be the limiting factor in that system when playing minecraft.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

to be honest... anything will be better than a GT610..

I've gamed on an oem gt 610 for 3-4 years in the past, it wasn't pretty. Anything that wasn't tf2 had to be played on minimum 720p at 20fps. Still dunno how i tolerated it for so long.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

I've gamed on an oem gt 610 for 3-4 years in the past, it wasn't pretty. Anything that wasn't tf2 had to be played on minimum 720p at 20fps. Still dunno how i tolerated it for so long.

i have a GT640 in one of my systems, on paper it's not much faster, but DANG does it make a difference...

20 minutes ago, peacetoyou5 said:

I bought a pc from my friend last year and it was great for what I was doing at the time which was just school work and some mine craft well now I play a lot of civ 5 and it really taxes my GPu. I currently have an msi n610gt which is a cheap card and I know that but I want to make the switch to amd but I don't know a whole lot. I want to spend around 100-150 usd on a new card. 

My current build is 

Msi 760gma-p34 

Amd fx4300 

Msi n610gt 

A corsair 600w power supply. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

wait a few weeks an get the rx 470
(releasing in august)

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

wait a few weeks an get the rx 470
(releasing in august)

i'm actually curious what the 1050 will be doing.

that said, not that it's gonna be anywhere near worth the wait, especially when taking a 610 into account :P

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm actually curious what the 1050 will be doing.

that said, not that it's gonna be anywhere near worth the wait, especially when taking a 610 into account :P

I'm guessing it'll likely end up with similar performance to the gtx 960. But considering OP is using a gt610, an r9 380 will be worlds apart compared to that piece of catshit.

6 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

I'm guessing it'll likely end up with similar performance to the gtx 960. But considering OP is using a gt610, an r9 380 will be worlds apart compared to that piece of catshit.

the fx might bottleneck tho

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

8 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

the fx might bottleneck tho

maybe, i'm guessing it's either very close to bottlenecking or slight bottlenecks. but it'll still be far better than the 610. he should be able to deal with the bottlenecks until he can swap out for an fx 8xxx.

I had a stable 4.3 ghz clock on it a few weeks ago but I had a cmos failure that put it into a boot loop thanks to my power strip failing while I was saving bios settings. I restored to the base clock after that since It kinda spooked me. Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't heard anything about the 470x what will the price point be? 

14 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

The r9 380 4gb strix for $155 after rebates if you can.

Do you have a link to where I can get it for that much?