Computer runs like a potato, any advice?

Built my first computer this year, got super nice parts (i think) then the motherboard died, got another and that died again after a day and settled on a Asus A88X-Plus, a AMD A8-7600 with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics APU and some bit and bobs here and there. Its all nice but it runs super slow at games, if i have the graphics at a descent quality its gets to 20FPS max and cocks out. On 3Dmark it was rubbish (http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9387616). Overheating dosent seem to be a problem, it could be thermal throttling? 

Anyone have any advice? Or is the stuff i got utter shit.

Sorry for long post and probably all super confusing

<3  

EDIT: Ok yeah i have a potato, should of probably done research before getting all of this and not just taking advice from a 60yo guy in a computer shop where the most power hungry task hes done probably is read online news and respond to a email from hes grandson 

EDIT AGAIN OMG: 

http://pcparticker.com/ dosent seem to want to work for me so il just type as much as i know here till it wants to work 

CPU: AMD A8 7600 with (APU) Radeon R7, 3.8 GHz Max turbo (running at 3.1), 4 CPU cores + 6 GPU, FM2+ 

RAM: 8GB PC3 Kingston 

Motherbord: ASUS A88X-Plus 

Power: Aerocool VX 500W

OP: Windows 7

Case: DeepCool Land king 1st gen  

If you want anything more, ask and il try to find it

Also no im not a troll 

2 minutes ago, yiff said:

Built my first computer this year, got super nice parts (i think) then the motherboard died, got another and that died again after a day and settled on a Asus A88X-Plus, a AMD A8-7600 with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics APU and some bit and bobs here and there. Its all nice but it runs super slow at games, if i have the graphics at a descent quality its gets to 20FPS max and cocks out. On 3Dmark it was rubbish (http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9387616). Overheating dosent seem to be a problem, it could be thermal throttling? 

Anyone have any advice? Or is the stuff i got utter shit.

Sorry for long post and probably all super confusing

<3  

go to pcparticker.com and fill out your entire PC specs and post the link it gives you so we check it out. Also you suggested thermal throttling. What types of temps are you see? 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Unless you have detiacated gpu, then your pc runs like potato, becus its potato. Apu's not ment for gaming

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Integrated graphics aren't really meant for gaming with decent settings. They're for gaming with lowest settings.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Unless you have detiacated gpu, then your pc runs like potato, becus its potato. Apu's not ment for gaming

agree get us some info from pcpartpicker depends on your gpu,ram,os and finnaly a a8 won't do good on some newer games

that's because APUs *are* a potato.

EDIT: i just saw OP's name... i expect a troll...

I have been thinking of getting a graphics card, do i need a new CPU or can i keep using my potato and bring it a GPU? 

2 minutes ago, Lostlogger said:

agree get us some info from pcpartpicker depends on your gpu,ram,os and finnaly a a8 won't do good on some newer games

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

go to pcparticker.com and fill out your entire PC specs and post the link it gives you so we check it out. Also you suggested thermal throttling. What types of temps are you see? 

Website seems to be fucking up for me, il keep trying and post it when i can 

yes you can

2 minutes ago, yiff said:

I have been thinking of getting a graphics card, do i need a new CPU or can i keep using my potato and bring it a GPU? 

Alright i don't know if your trolling but here what you need for a pc to run any game on some details:Case,motherboard,ram,gpu,cpu,mouse,keyboard,cooling system,psu,a plug to plug in the psu check everything

but on a serious note you could check your task manager to se if there is any abormal activety like a 100% usege on some program that your not actively using also run your anti-virus,maybe even a malwere sweep will prove neccesery gl

39 minutes ago, Lostlogger said:

Alright i don't know if your trolling but here what you need for a pc to run any game on some details:Case,motherboard,ram,gpu,cpu,mouse,keyboard,cooling system,psu,a plug to plug in the psu check everything

but on a serious note you could check your task manager to se if there is any abormal activety like a 100% usege on some program that your not actively using also run your anti-virus,maybe even a malwere sweep will prove neccesery gl

Sorry do disappoint you but to "run any game on some detail" you don't need a case. :P

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

43 minutes ago, Lostlogger said:

You don't need a graphics card to game. @yiff Why'd you choose that as your username? xD

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

10 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

You don't need a graphics card to game. @yiff Why'd you choose that as your username? xD

Honestly no idea 

If you dont know what my username means, Dont google it

Im sorry in advance 

Quick Question: What speed does your RAM run at? And is it in Dual Channel?

The iGPUs on AMD's APUs benefit extremely from having fast RAM (the faster the measurably better) as well as running in Dual-channel. Basically, the more memory bandwidth you have available, the better your iGPU will run. And it seems to scale REALLY well, so getting faster RAM and/or Dual channel RAM will really help you out

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

3 minutes ago, yiff said:

Honestly no idea 

If you dont know what my username means, Dont google it

Im sorry in advance 

I know what it means :P (And am fine with it *cough*...) Why didn't you capitalise the first letter?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, RezidentSeagull said:

Quick Question: What speed does your RAM run at? And is it in Dual Channel?

The iGPUs on AMD's APUs benefit extremely from having fast RAM (the faster the measurably better) as well as running in Dual-channel. Basically, the more memory bandwidth you have available, the better your iGPU will run. And it seems to scale REALLY well, so getting faster RAM and/or Dual channel RAM will really help you out

Heres the data sheet for my RAM

http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR16N11_8.pdf

4 hours ago, Bhav said:

Integrated graphics aren't really meant for gaming with decent settings. They're for gaming with lowest settings.

They're pretty sweet for e-sports like games but that's it.

(I myself play cs go on high settings at 1080p@60fps with the igpu of my i5-6600k, but thank God this week I'll buy a dedicated gpu for real games.)

Getting a cheaper GPU like a 950/960/1060/RX 480 would solve the problem as APUs are meant for less demanding titles (Or demanding titles at a lower setting).

17 hours ago, yiff said:

Heres the data sheet for my RAM

http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR16N11_8.pdf

Yeah, so it looks like you are running single-channel stick of DDR3-1600 RAM for your rig, which is not a great situation for the performance of your iGPU. Could be worse certainly, but it could also be pretty easily improved

If you want to improve your performance, you're best bet might be any of the following:

- getting a second stick of the same RAM and running it in Dual-channel mode;

- Swapping out your current stick of RAM for a faster set of RAM (even better if you get a Dual-channel kit), as long as your motherboard supports it

- Overclock your RAM a bit

EDIT: Realistically though, your money would probably be most effectively used in getting a dedicated GPU and calling it a day

Edited by RezidentSeagull
dGPU caveats yo

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

On 7/18/2016 at 5:33 PM, Lostlogger said:

On 7/18/2016 at 5:28 PM, legacy99 said:

It didnt really work well as it didnt have some of my parts

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tpVNQV

6 hours ago, RezidentSeagull said:

Yeah, so it looks like you are running single-channel stick of DDR3-1600 RAM for your rig, which is not a great situation for the performance of your iGPU. Could be worse certainly, but it could also be pretty easily improved

If you want to improve your performance, you're best bet might be any of the following:

- getting a second stick of the same RAM and running it in Dual-channel mode;

- Swapping out your current stick of RAM for a faster set of RAM (even better if you get a Dual-channel kit), as long as your motherboard supports it

- Overclock your RAM a bit

EDIT: Realistically though, your money would probably be most effectively used in getting a dedicated GPU and calling it a day

I think i know someone who has a DDR4 RAM at something like 4GB so i might try and pop that in and see if it dose anything 

DDR4 wont work with your board, its not supported, your locked at DDR3. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Drop a used R9 380 in there. Done. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

12 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Drop a used R9 380 in there. Done. 

Would it even work with everything I have 

6 minutes ago, yiff said:

Would it even work with everything I have 

Don't see any reason it wouldn't.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.