AMD Polaris Giveaway

im using a gtx 750 ;-; you know im struggling...please send help...or an RX480 UωU <3

Well anything at this point is better than my curent gtx 660 so ...gibe nao pls, I guess?

I'm using AMD Radeon HD 5850 now but it's getting pretty old now :/ I always liked AMD Cards since they are cheaper than Nvidia ones :P:D

I'm using a Sapphire 7950 at the moment :(

It blows like a freaking leafblower when I fire up some games which are a bit demanding.

I would love to upgruade it to a silent RX 480 :D

I have a gtx 970 atm. I have never had any AMD and im too scared to spend money on it :o

I have a GTX 550Ti and a FreeSync monitor.

My 7850 has been struggling to keep newer games running smooth at 1440p. A new GPU could be the start of an upgrade from my 2500k system.

I have gtx 960 4 gb,   RX 480 would give more performance.

Gibe gibe nao plz kthxbye

No I find it important to enter a good reason, despite it not counting for the contest. So here's my little story. Three years ago I finally convinced myself to get a HD 7950, aftermarket. Best buy ever, it really has some good horsepower under the hood and til this day it still does! But a step up would be seriously nice for three reasons. Every minute it's powered on, it's working for Folding@Home (My Stats), paired with my yee ol' faithful i5-2500K @ 4 GHz which has been stomping away at World Community Grid (My Stats). I would like to invite everyone here to start fighting nasty diseases and finding solutions for all-world problems, we can make a big difference together!

Since I'm living on my own and paying for my own electric bill, I tweaked them both a bit to consume less power and produce less heat. Saves me about 80 watts under full load. That doesn't even include the power consumption difference at stock, the TDP of RX 480 is 50 watt lower so that's going to add up big time at 10 hours a day! Considering that the HD 7950 delivers 2.9 TFLOPS and the RX 480 almost doubles that with 5.5 TFLOPS, this video card would be a BIG improvement. Upgrading before, I considered it but with 28nm there never was going to be a major jump in efficiency per watt. Finally it's slowly starting to age so you never know when it's going to kick the bucket. That's why I entered, hope you'll join me guys at folding and boincing :)

Edited by Jejking

Think a RX 480 would go nicely with my freshly OC'd FX 6300 (I hope)

On 7/18/2016 at 1:59 AM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

i have a GTX 950, been waiting for the money to upgrade but hey, life calls

Right now i´m using a GTX 760 (which was btw the worst buy i have ever made --> cant even run my games 30+fps with low Settings) , and what a better time to build a new pc with a free graphics card.

I now use a Radeon Graphics HD 6730M (yes its a laptop ,ha ha) and probably looking forward to make a new rig. Thanks for the giveway though!

On 7/18/2016 at 1:59 AM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a evga gtx 950. I've tried running mods and overclocking this past 200 on the mem and 30 on the clock but it wont stabilize if any voltage is applied. Running skyrim with any mods on max graphics brings the fps down 3 to 5 for every 3 to 4 mods installed. Having an enb isnt possible. I play mostly single players such as fallout 4 and just get so sick of looking at blurry textures in fallout and only getting 50 avg fps with dips to 28 every now and then with stuttering.

currently none, It caught fire about 3 months ago.

I have an old i5 rig with a gigabyte gts450...I desperately need this:'( 

At the moment im using 2 old AMD 5450's to run two VMs on UnRaid. One passed through to an OpenELEC Kodi VM and the other to a Windows10 VM which is my office PC.

The OpenElec VM could do with a new card to use for 4k content... so yea.... gimme! :D

Currently GTX770 but want it to replace the GTX950 in my gaming HTPC. I'm keen to give team red a go. 

I use a GTX 650 that i got of my friend kind not good for any modren day gaming so would be nice to get an upgrade specialy if its free

Always used Nvidia cards,would love to try AMD.Thanks for another great Giveaway and best of luck to all!

Have an R9 280X that just died 2 weeks ago, looking for a new card.