Linksys E2500 Router Bad Signals

Dubesta11

I was wondering if anyone has this router or a similar one. The way the router is set up is that it is downstairs in about the center of the house, near the stairs. I get a good signal (~ -50dBm) directly upstairs through one floor, but in the kitchen not even 20 feet away, I can hardly get a 80 dBm signal, which is through one wall at an angle. I was wondering if that had to do with the router, or the router placement.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Ive read some where that angles can cause issues. Also you most likely have a microwave. Which can cause interference on 2.4Ghz. I would say the placement is what the problem is. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Ive read some where that angles can cause issues. Also you most likely have a microwave. Which can cause interference on 2.4Ghz. I would say the placement is what the problem is. 

Even when the microwave is not in use? I am sure it's just the angle of the wall now that I am thinking of it. I might get a power line adapter and try to fix it.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H