how to change startup and shutdown sound of windows 10?

Hi so for nostalgia reasons i want to change the startup sound of windows 10 to the iconic startup and shutdown sound of windows XP. how do i do this? thanks guys. i already have the sound files for startup and shutdown of XP but idk how to change it in windows 10. i tried going into the sounds settings with no avil. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, cdsboy2000 said:

there is a way to do it without reg edit

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

1 minute ago, VictorianReaper said:

Unless you find some third party GUI tool for it I doubt it. Do you have a fear of regedit for some reason? As long as you back up your registry and are careful you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, VictorianReaper said:

i did the regedit way and it works only for sounds other than startup and shutdown 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Unless you find some third party GUI tool for it I doubt it. Do you have a fear of regedit for some reason? As long as you back up your registry and are careful you should be fine.

i did the regedit way, it didnt work for me 

1 minute ago, cdsboy2000 said:

there is a wav file that is your start up and yes i fear reg edit but if you search logon and find the windows logon sound .wav and replace it with anything it changes it

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

The Windows Startup sound was basically disabled since Windows 8. I did some research when I was using 8 and as far as I know, there is no way of doing this other than having a third party tool to basically run script to play a sound file upon startup. It was a dumb workaround and never played as timely as it did in Windows 7 and lower so I gave up.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580