How to not paint this logo

Cactu
Go to solution Solved by m_tieu,

Fill it with some kneading eraser or something really malleable, paint the cooler then remove the filling. 

So I'm looking to paint my gtx 970 (just the graphite parts) but I want to keep the "gtx 970" writing black, so what would be the best way to paint around it?

Fill it with some kneading eraser or something really malleable, paint the cooler then remove the filling. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

6 minutes ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

So I'm looking to paint my gtx 970 (just the graphite parts) but I want to keep the "gtx 970" writing black, so what would be the best way to paint around it?

I'd rather not tape it because it's indented and paint would be imperfecr, and I'm not worried about the type of paint

4 minutes ago, m_tieu said:

That is a good fucking idea.

15 minutes ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

Your best bet would be to paint the entire portion and go back with thinned enamel paint to flow into the embossed section to blacken the letter again. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

On 7/15/2016 at 8:43 PM, W-L said:

Your best bet would be to paint the entire portion and go back with thinned enamel paint to flow into the embossed section to blacken the letter again. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

On 7/15/2016 at 8:33 PM, m_tieu said:

On 7/15/2016 at 8:40 PM, Stevoisboss said:

Ah ok

This is the finished product

14687768208221912880241.jpg