Where can I get a rx480 4gb in the uk

NoHamNoJam

My birthday is coming up soon (5th of August) and I'm doing some early research and i can't find any 4 gb models. Is there any on the market or are they on the way? 

2 minutes ago, NoHamNoJam said:

My birthday is coming up soon (5th of August) and I'm doing some early research and i can't find any 4 gb models. Is there any on the market or are they on the way? 

They have to get more in stock because currently only 8gb cards are available tbh. Also check out the 1060 when it comes out a few days from now.

Can't answer your question, but I can recommend you to wait for GTX 1060.

At least to see benchmarks and comparison vs RX 480. Then see if price in UK will be afortable for you.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

8 minutes ago, NoHamNoJam said:

Grab the 8GB model.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Overclockers.co.uk seem to have lots of rx 480 cards : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd/radeon-rx-480

Note that third party designs will be sold starting with the 22nd of July so you may want to wait to see those. And, between 22nd and 1st of August, you may start to see RX 470 cards with 4 GB of memory. You should wait for reviews to see if the performance is good enough for your needs - the rx 470 should be excellent if you'll play 1080p only.

GTX 1060 officially launches on the 19th, just to spoil AMD's fun, but just like with GTX 1080 and GTX 1070, it will probably be in very small quantities and about 50$/euro/uk pounds more expensive than the recommended price, chances are you won't be able to order one for a couple of weeks.

GTX 1060 will be slightly faster than RX 480 at launch but it's arguable if the small performance boost is worth the added cost ...  the 6GB version should be about 5-10% faster in direct x 11 games, but in a few months the drivers for rx 480 will be fine tuned and it will gain more performance and also rx 480 is a safer for the future (8 gb may matter more in 6 months) and the architecture of the RX cards is better for DirectX 12 (you'll get higher fps in dx 12 games that use async computer and other modern futures on rx series cards)

As far as I know, AMD is limiting the number of 4 GB models produced and distributed, because they don't want to be stock of 4GB cards when the RX 470 will show up at around the same price.

Also, there's a rumor there's a shortage of memory chips in the footprint the 8 GB card used (because they wanted to reuse the printed circuit board) and the size required to make 4 GB (512 MB x 8) so they had to actually make cards with 8 GB of memory and install bios in the cards modified to use only half of each memory chip and sell the cards basically at loss (well, even smaller profits than the small profit they had on the 4 GB models) 

38 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Yer Ebuyer have 4GB stock coming in on the 31st and £174ish

http://www.ebuyer.com/751840-xfx-amd-radeon-rx-480-4gb-gddr5-hdmi-3x-displayport-pci-e-graphics-rx-480m4bfa6

Dont for get there is a possibility to flash the 4GB to 8GB on early cards, no guarantee you will get one with all the memory modules on though!

23 hours ago, Stingray-UK said:

Yer Ebuyer have 4GB stock coming in on the 31st and £174ish

http://www.ebuyer.com/751840-xfx-amd-radeon-rx-480-4gb-gddr5-hdmi-3x-displayport-pci-e-graphics-rx-480m4bfa6

Dont for get there is a possibility to flash the 4GB to 8GB on early cards, no guarantee you will get one with all the memory modules on though!

Won't flashing the memory void the warranty