GParted can't resize partition past original size

Go to solution Solved by mikat,

problem solved, i used the top answer from this:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/188470/apple-hardware-disk-utility-unallocated-space-on-my-hard-drive

and then i used this video:

Hey,

I've upgraded my macbook air's SSD to the 850 evo m.2 with this adapter:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Del-Adapter-Card-To-64G-128G-256G-512G-M-2-NGFF-SSD-For-MacBook-Air-2012/32624671239.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.10.IUggBD&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_2_10056_10055_10049_10017_405_404_407_10040,searchweb201603_1&btsid=41feaded-f69b-4e97-ab25-1f89ed0d36fd

so i made a bit level copy with dd:

sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk0 of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=128m

but now i have a 250 GB SSD with a 60 GB partition since my original ssd was 60 GB

so i turned to gparted, put it on a usb stick, and booted it.

but when i went to resize my drive it couldn't expand more than the original capacity? (=not expand at all)

ill post a picture in a few mins

Do you have the right packages installed to add support for HFS+?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Usually your primary partitions are contained in extended ones(that's how I label them in my head =P) so you have to extend top one before any further do.

3 minutes ago, mikat said:

ummm can you install packages on gparted?

if so where?

So it's literally just a bootable system for that alone?  It probably comes with everything then... I was thinking of running it on Ubuntu or something like that.

3 minutes ago, ddddanil said:

Usually your primary partitions are contained in extended ones(that's how I label them in my head =P) so you have to extend top one before any further do.

This is a good point.  If you have a primary partition, you should be able to just expand it but if it's a logical partition within an extended partition, you will have to expand the extended partition before you can expand the logical partition within it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So it's literally just a bootable system for that alone?  It probably comes with everything then... I was thinking of running it on Ubuntu or something like that.

This is a good point.  If you have a primary partition, you should be able to just expand it but it's a logical partition within an extended partition, you will have to expand the extended partition before you can expand the logical partition within it.

yeah it's a bootable system for that alone

http://gparted.org/index.php

using the live usb :)