Best way to improve internet speeds on the cheap?

RGProductions

So my internet speeds are quite crap. I ran a speed test and got o.58 megabits per second down and 0.37 megabits per second up. I know it is my internal network because connected through Ethernet and got a solid 15 up and 15 down. Routing an Ethernet cable is impossible under $350 is impossible (DANG EXTERIOR WALLS) so I am wondering what the best way to improve my speeds on the cheap? Thanks!

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

It could be one of a few things--

Your wireless technology

Your wireless adapter

The amount of clients on your wireless network.

You can--

Upgrade your wireless network (check out the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO)

Upgrade your network card to one that supports 802.11ac

internet powerline 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

you get a ethernet cable and then an wifi adapter and put it as close to the router as possible i guess that is what i would do if you now are too far away from it 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Dark said:

hahhaha wtf is that lool its intressting how does it work tell me :S

It uses the COAX in your home and provides gigabit speeds.

2 minutes ago, Dark said:

are those the only ones since there are none of those in sweden so i was wondering cuz thats intressting

9 minutes ago, Dark said:

It could be one of a few things--

Your wireless technology

Your wireless adapter

The amount of clients on your wireless network.

You can--

Upgrade your wireless network (check out the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO)

Upgrade your network card to one that supports 802.11ac

I am decently sure it is all of the above...

8 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

you get a ethernet cable and then an wifi adapter and put it as close to the router as possible i guess that is what i would do if you now are too far away from it 

I cant really understand what you're saying, but running an ethernet cable would cost over $500

9 minutes ago, Dark said:

Agreed that MoCA is a viable solution if COAX is in place, but don't expect to actually get anywhere near gigabit speeds out of it.  It's still much better than wireless, but not as good as a wired gigabit network.

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

I cant really understand what you're saying, but running an ethernet cable would cost over $500

how manny meter do you mean ? and its the same idea like him just not as strong of as an connection i guess 

1 minute ago, ismma99 said:

how manny meter do you mean ? and its the same idea like him just not as strong of as an connection i guess 

It would involve tearing out walls.

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

It would involve tearing out walls.

Wat just get more cable xD you dont need to make a maze out of your house for one cable since a *normal* ethernet cable is cheap espacilly in murica then its ez 

13 minutes ago, Dark said:

11 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

hahhaha wtf is that lool its intressting how does it work tell me :S

11 minutes ago, Dark said:

9 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

are those the only ones since there are none of those in sweden so i was wondering cuz thats intressting

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Agreed that MoCA is a viable solution if COAX is in place, but don't expect to actually get anywhere near gigabit speeds out of it.  It's still much better than wireless, but not as good as a wired gigabit network.

My house for some stupid reason has no coax in all but one room.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I have that exact setup providing network to my office at home, with it I provide network connectivity to 3 computers and a voip phone.  Transferring a file from one system in my office to a server in the basement moves at ~107MB/s.  Damn near close enough for me and I'm sure it would be closer to the ~120/125 if it were the only system on it.

2 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

Wat just get more cable xD you dont need to make a maze out of your house for one cable since a *normal* ethernet cable is cheap espacilly in murica then its ez 

The cable would need to be in the wall, my pc is on the other side of the house.

3 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

The cable would need to be in the wall, my pc is on the other side of the house.

ok scrap my idea xD fack sorry

5 minutes ago, Dark said:

I have that exact setup providing network to my office at home, with it I provide network connectivity to 3 computers and a voip phone.  Transferring a file from one system in my office to a server in the basement moves at ~107MB/s.  Damn near close enough for me and I'm sure it would be closer to the ~120/125 if it were the only system on it.

why did powerline suddenly become cancer :s? im just wondering since im curios no offense 

7 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

My house for some stupid reason has no coax in all but one room.

Sounds like you should start looking at a WAP or new wireless router.

2 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

ok scrap my idea xD fack sorry

I do still wish that would work

1 minute ago, ismma99 said:

why did powerline suddenly become cancer :s? im just wondering since im curios no offense 

Horrible latency, slow transfer speeds, and unreliable connectivity.

All three of those worsen substantially when you have devices drawing power and creating more line noise.

I used it before moca2.0 came out and I hated every second of it.

3 minutes ago, Dark said:

That's damn good.  Solid way for most in the US and any locations that use COAX to overcome wireless issues.  I ran CAT6 all over the house because I had an unfinished basement at the time, which made it too easy.  Only the 2nd floor remains wireless, but there's been no issues at all there.

5 minutes ago, Dark said:

Sounds like you should start looking at a WAP or new wireless router.

I honestly think it is my wifi card. all the more reason to upgrade to x99 and get the asrock x99 taichi lol.

3 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

I do still wish that would work

ok but would not my idea work if his pc is in one room take an wireless adapter thing and hook it up with an internet cable to lets say an 

ASUS RP-AC52

and then he would connect to that instead of the router 5 miles away and then no drilling in walls i guess if you route it nice