slow reads and writes on a hdd

brandonb21

i just bought an 2tb seagate barracuda hardrive i have an asus z170 hero alpha motherboard and im getting slow reads and writes, my hard drive is plugged into my corsair air 540 hotswap bay. i also have a ssd by samsung a 950 pro 250 gb i doubt this would be causing any issues 

hdd benchmark.png

53 minutes ago, brandonb21 said:

~snip~

Hi there :)

Did you try other ports and other cables and possibly another computer to see if the drive is actually working with these speeds or if this is caused by something else. 

Also, running a diagnostic tool from the manufacturer's website should give you good info regarding the drive's health and if it's performing properly. 

Do post back with the results from other ports if you can. :) Also making sure all the drivers and the OS are up-do-date is a good thing to do.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

2 minutes ago, Captain_WD said:

Hi there :)

Did you try other ports and other cables and possibly another computer to see if the drive is actually working with these speeds or if this is caused by something else. 

Also, running a diagnostic tool from the manufacturer's website should give you good info regarding the drive's health and if it's performing properly. 

Do post back with the results from other ports if you can. :) Also making sure all the drivers and the OS are up-do-date is a good thing to do.

Captain_WD.

i ran a smart test and dignotestic test last night with seagate tools app. and it passed. i just installed new achi drivers and im getting very fast speeds now over 150 now.

23 hours ago, brandonb21 said:

~snip~

So it turned out to be a driver-related issue :) I'm glad you've fixed it. I hope the problems don't show up again. 

If you have any further questions feel free to ask :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/