I am buying a new computer (almost)

Currently I'm using a Phenom II 965 BE, with a 6950 2gb, and a M4A87TD motherboard. I have a crappy liquid cooler (don't even remember the model) and I am looking to upgrade. I already have a second 6950, which my brother gave me. I don't have a PSU that can support it, and my motherboard wouldn't run it well regardless. I'm thinking about getting a Corsair 600T, an Intel 3770k, 240gb ssd, Sabertooth Z77 motherboard, 1000w psu, an H100i cooler, and 16gb Corsair Dominator RAM. What do you guys think?

(if you want to know the reason it's because I have a use for my old computer.)

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

What PSU do you have? You would be surprise at the fact it might be able to support it. You don't need 1000w PSU at all. 700w is enough. 850 if you plan on doing heavy overclocking.

Stick with a 3570K > a 3770K since you won't notice any difference between the two for gaming.

What are you going to be using the new computer for? If nothing more intensive than gaming the 3770k is overkill, go with a 3570k, you won't see any difference between them. If video rendering or your using apps that use hyperthreading then stick with the 3700k, The 1000W PSU is overkill, 850W is more than enough, probably 750W for that matter.

What are you going to be using the new computer for? If nothing more intensive than gaming the 3770k is overkill' date=' go with a 3570k, you won't see any difference between them. If video rendering or your using apps that use hyperthreading then stick with the 3700k, The 1000W PSU is overkill, 850W is more than enough, probably 750W for that matter.[/quote']

I'm going to use it for more then gaming. Intense video rendering+streaming. I was thinking 1000w is overkill, but do you think it will help me in the future at all? I was thinking I could use a 1kw psu in a couple builds after this one.

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

1000W is completely unnecessary unless you get into something like quad sli or a custom loop. It's better to just get a lower wattage psu with a better 80+ rating and you'll be saving money in both the short run by buying a cheaper psu and in the long run with a cheaper power bill

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Mainly what those fellas have already said;

- Why do you need a 3770K? If you won't be utilizing the extra threads, save $100 and go with the 3570K as there is no performance gain between the two.

Edit: Sorry, just saw that you responded to what you're planning on doing with this build. If you are planning on hardcore editing then the 3770K might be a good buy for you, providing you're actually going to utilize the extra threads.

- 16GB isn't necessary, get 8GB as I highly doubt you'll even use have of it, especially if you are only gaming.

- No idea what 1,000W PSU you mean, it could be a no brand one and complete crap but nonetheless, you're wasting money be it a no name brand, or a reputable brand. Grab a Rosewill HIVE 750W for $90 or a Corsair TX750 V2 for $100 - both are exceptional choices and are high quality units. The Corsair unit is manufactured by SeaSonic who are no doubt one of the best, if not the best power supply manufacturers out there.

- The features that comes with the Sabertooth I doubt you will utilize, plus the board isn't worth the money. I would recommend getting an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 for $135 or an MSI Z77A-G45 for $130 - both boards have very similar specs and will do what you need it to do, trust me.

- H100 or any AiO units have horrible price : performance ratio, they can be outperformed by air coolers for less. The really only need for them is if you have limited space in your case. Since you're going with a 600T (or at least thinking about it) you'll have no trouble fitting a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or Noctua NH-D14 (costs ~$80) in the case and will perform on par, if not better than a H100.

Mainly what those fellas have already said;

- Why do you need a 3770K? If you won't be utilizing the extra threads, save $100 and go with the 3570K as there is no performance gain between the two.

Edit: Sorry, just saw that you responded to what you're planning on doing with this build. If you are planning on hardcore editing then the 3770K might be a good buy for you, providing you're actually going to utilize the extra threads.

- 16GB isn't necessary, get 8GB as I highly doubt you'll even use have of it, especially if you are only gaming.

- No idea what 1,000W PSU you mean, it could be a no brand one and complete crap but nonetheless, you're wasting money be it a no name brand, or a reputable brand. Grab a Rosewill HIVE 750W for $90 or a Corsair TX750 V2 for $100 - both are exceptional choices and are high quality units. The Corsair unit is manufactured by SeaSonic who are no doubt one of the best, if not the best power supply manufacturers out there.

- The features that comes with the Sabertooth I doubt you will utilize, plus the board isn't worth the money. I would recommend getting an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 for $135 or an MSI Z77A-G45 for $130 - both boards have very similar specs and will do what you need it to do, trust me.

- H100 or any AiO units have horrible price : performance ratio, they can be outperformed by air coolers for less. The really only need for them is if you have limited space in your case. Since you're going with a 600T (or at least thinking about it) you'll have no trouble fitting a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or Noctua NH-D14 (costs ~$80) in the case and will perform on par, if not better than a H100.

Do you think that 750w will be enough for dual 6950s? Also I was going to overclock my CPU a lot, because why not. 1000w may be useless now, but I would hope to utilize it's power in the future.

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

Yes 650W is enough for crossfire and cpu overclocking, provided it isn't a really inefficient psu that really falls off at near max wattage (meaning get a 80+ rating psu)

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem