Opinions Please, LG Nexus 5X or Oppo R7S

Go to solution Solved by GoldenBE,
4 minutes ago, Hugh__Jass said:

OKay, so the nexus, but the one plus 3 is 600

Yes, just get the Nexus 5X if it has enough storage for you ( the maximum is 32GB )

Other than that it's a great device and will probably have a couple years of (unofficial)l software support to come.

Hey guys

I need help urgently fast. So I'm using a iPhone 4s at the moment, and I am very used to the Apple ecosystem, but need a new phone. I cannot pay the ridiculous prices apple associates their phones with. So I need a phone for 400$ maximum, and I live in Australia, and after a few hours of researched I've gathered the LG Nexus 5x and the Oppo r7s are the better. I like the nexus usb-c and finger print reader, but I like the oppos screen. I need some help in which one I should choose, or suggest your own from reputable brands like Huawei, Samsung,LG,Oppo,one plus etc.

Thanks in advanced ????

Wait for the new nexus or get the Nexus 5x/Oneplus 3

Don't bother with Oppo or any Chinese brand other than Xiaomi.

1 minute ago, GoldenBE said:

Wait for the new nexus or get the Nexus 5x/Oneplus 3

Don't bother with Oppo or any Chinese brand other than Xiaomi.

OnePlus are chinese and owned by OPPO.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

The one plus 3 is 600$ here, and when is the new nexus coming out, can you link me and you websites

Thanks

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

OPPO devices have terrible software support.

Pretty much the same with Oneplus but at least we can fix that with custom roms.

3 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

So go with LG?, but excluding the country, which phone is the bette, or the best at the 400$AU price range

3 minutes ago, Hugh__Jass said:

The one plus 3 is 600$ here, and when is the new nexus coming out, can you link me and you websites

Thanks

No release date has been announced yet but it should be released somewhere around September this year.

There will probably be a 5.5 inch and a 5.0 inch model.

2 minutes ago, GoldenBE said:

Pretty much the same with Oneplus but at least we can fix that with custom roms.

So go with the LG

"Terrible software support" You realise that all of the OnePlus phones have some of the best software support, only thing that beats it is the nexus series. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh__Jass said:

So go with LG?, but excluding the country, which phone is the bette, or the best at the 400$AU price range

The OPPO R7 Has a small battery and only 3G Support btw.

1 minute ago, GoldenBE said:

No release date has been announced yet but it should be released somewhere around September this year.

There will be a 5.5 inch and a 5.0 inch model. Both manufactured by HTC.

Okay thanks. So say if I cannot wait until then, what is the best purchase at this price Range?

4 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

"Terrible software support" You realise that all of the OnePlus phones have some of the best software support, only thing that beats it is the nexus series. 

Well I have seen many people complain about software issues on EVERY Oneplus device, even the Oneplus 3 altough it's the best one yet most issues are fixed pretty quick. 

Every phone I buy has Cyanogenmod made by a good developer, because I know that I can't live with a device that doesn't have good, well optimized and updated software.

And Nexus devices also have software issues :( the Nexus 5X still has performance issues for many people. 

Well I have seen many people complain about software issues on EVERY Oneplus device, even the Oneplus 3 altough it's the best one yet most issues are fixed pretty quick. 

Every phone I buy has Cyanogenmod made by a good developer, because I know that I can't live with a device that doesn't have good, well optimized and updated software.

I have NEVER Complained about the software from my OPO, it has great support, great customization and best of all, it actually works unlike my old HTC Phone ( 4.1.2 Days :P) 

4 minutes ago, Hugh__Jass said:

Yes, just get the Nexus 5X if it has enough storage for you ( the maximum is 32GB )

Other than that it's a great device and will probably have a couple years of (unofficial)l software support to come.

Other than that it's a great device and will probably have a couple years of unofficial software support to come.

YEPokay then, thanks for the advice?

10 minutes ago, Hugh__Jass said:

Okay guys so buy the nexus?

Yes i have a Nexuas 5x its a great phone for its price.

Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @4,1 Ghz GPU: AMD Radeon 5700XT @2,2 Ghz RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2666 Mhz  MB: Asus ROG STRIX B450-E Storage: Western Digital SN750 500GB + Samsung 970 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda Compute 1000GB Case: NZXT H500 

Results: Cinebench R20 Multi-thread: 2800

600 for Oneplus 3? Where do you live?

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)