4K or 1440 Ultrawide

Darkful

Hello everyone 

What do you think 

Acer Predator XB321HK 32 inch

or 

Acer Predator X34p(new version of x34 will be release in the future)

at first I wanted the original x34 but there is too many issues with it people complaining about so many things at the price of freaking 1200$ it's not acceptable I'm not sure about it I have never seen curved monitor or ultra wide we don't have this type of hardware where I live so again I'm not sure if I even like it more space look good but image or video on the internet not like real life experience on the other hand 4K is future proof reviews amazing 

help me guys decided 

something worth mentioning I own GTX 980 ti and I play games all the time 

a single 980ti will not be enough for 4k if you like playing your games at max graphics. the newer games will not do so well there, but you should be fine at 3440x1440. If price is an issue, I would recommend something like the PG278Q (TN) or PG279Q (IPS). Its a 2560x1440 panel with extremely high refresh rates, G-sync, and something your 980ti can pull off with ease.

If you have your heart set on either 4k or 1440 ultrawide, then there are certainly cheaper options than what you suggested. I know in my future build I intend on getting the X34 (or some equivalent) for my rig. But 21:9 resolutions come with their own set of challenges. Its not really a decision that anyone can make for you.

5 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

a single 980ti will not be enough for 4k if you like playing your games at max graphics. the newer games will not do so well there, but you should be fine at 3440x1440. If price is an issue, I would recommend something like the PG278Q (TN) or PG279Q (IPS). Its a 2560x1440 panel with extremely high refresh rates, G-sync, and something your 980ti can pull off with ease.

If you have your heart set on either 4k or 1440 ultrawide, then there are certainly cheaper options than what you suggested. I know in my future build I intend on getting the X34 (or some equivalent) for my rig. But 21:9 resolutions come with their own set of challenges. Its not really a decision that anyone can make for you.

thank you for your detailed reply I really liked it 

first of all I have budget up to 1400 $ for monitor and I know every monitor has it's sets of issues but I think 21:9 has way more issues game support browsers so many I can deal with that but something tells since I can max everything on my 1080 TV if I upgrade to 1440 I can play on high so why upgrade my graphics card ? but for 4K yeah I may not max everything but at least when I buy new graphics card I'll see gains + everyone will be about 4K 

maybe this thread why should I buy (4K or 1440) or why I shouldn't 

I am currently running a 4k monitor with freesync, although it's only 27"

Let me tell you that with 2x 290's I can hardly use high-ultra setting on most games to get a decent frame rate, but man the details are amazing if you can push it hard

freesync/g-sync is a must for gaming however I have been having problem with most softwares I use since it does not scale up properly

Something like photoshops, I have to move my head forward to see the icons and stuff

thus I am planning to change mine to 1440 wide (also with freesync), I find out that it's still not the right time for 4k with the current gpu's

I'm gonna use mine in the office with my macbook since IOS has better 4k scaling

I heard a lot about submersion play experience especially with curved 1440 wide

so that's my experience but it is seriously debatable 

I am running an LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide with my R9 290. Actually i've been running it for over one year now. 

In my opinion Ultrawide is really nice for playing most games, it simply makes the experiance more "intense"

4K only if you buy a Monitor that is around 30" or bigger. 40" would be ideal as it is basicly two 34" ultrawides on top of each other^^

If possible get Freesync or G-sync it helps alot!!

17 hours ago, Eisenbart said:

I am running an LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide with my R9 290. Actually i've been running it for over one year now. 

In my opinion Ultrawide is really nice for playing most games, it simply makes the experiance more "intense"

4K only if you buy a Monitor that is around 30" or bigger. 40" would be ideal as it is basicly two 34" ultrawides on top of each other^^

If possible get Freesync or G-sync it helps alot!!

The Acer Predator XB321HK 32 inch

is 32 inch + G-sync