LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

this projector looks very interesting! i want more of them to come out!

Such an amazing projector. Best feature would have to be the ability to project such a big image without it being super far away and it seems that the image doesn't blur out when its further away.

Looks perfect for a bedroom with a bed directly opposite a wall. Lounge in bed with a controller would be much easier when you dont have to source a monitor/tv at the end of your bed. A lot better than normal projectors as I dont have to mount it on the ceiling :D

Well done video. The projector would be great for a game/movie night. Playing SF5 on this would be awesome.

That thing is so cool. I'd love to use it in college for game of thrones or watching movies or for a bunch of other cool applications.

3 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think it is really cool, especially since it are that small.

Oh this would be perfect as a portable gaming setup!

It's very cool, and the fact that is short throw means that there won't be any shadow bunnies to ruin the movie, Yaaaay! I wonder if it would be possible to daisy chain an external power source of some sort, like a battery and get that awesome projector out camping. It would be marvelous!

Having this in the family room would really bring everyone together for movie nights more offer id love one 

Wow, this is a pretty awesome product, would love to win one.

Really like the short throw. I have a huge blank wall but that's not enough distance for a regular projector 

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

wow!

gotta love the power of mirrors!

Super stoked about this projector. Would be amazing to play metal gear solid phantom pain on it!!!

Pretty cool projector. I'd watch movies and do a little gaming with it.

It would be great for gaming or watching movies outside or a great portable display for any party or event you could be throwing. When I watched the Linus video on this I was truly impressed on how big of a picture it can make with such little space between it and the surface its projecting too. I feel like this design is going to start setting a new standard for modern projectors!

39 minutes ago, zeeamillion said:

this looks cool and i was just about turn my atic into a theater so this wouod be amazing to have

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

This is the most portable projector i have ever laid my eyes on.

This is too good .

I am interested in this projector for a few reasons. It's short throw seems rather impressive and I am interested to know if/how it gets around the typical issues most short throw projectors face (inability to key corner or really do much adjusting requiring a very specific setup to fit it in (atm my short throw sits on top of 4 encyclopedias) and also how does it compare both color and brightness compared to other more standard light projectors as with my current short throw 1100 lumen the colors arent that great compared to my previous 1100 lumen pico projector that I had previously. I am also curious how the delay was compared to using a standard tv (I have had some with up to a 24ms delay which doesn't sound huge but for games like super meat boy it is very noticeable when you are used to playing on a 2-4ms monitor) and other projectors of a more standard variety.

if I dont win the prize I will probably wait for a few different reviews before buying as I am weary of projectors having played with several over the years.

Things I am interested in

-colors (how true are they in both ideal and less than ideal conditions)

-actual brightness and realistic throw distances in less than perfectly dark conditions (not everyone has a completely dark media room or warehouse)

-sound (I do travel for work sometimes and would probably end up using whatever built in sound this offers)

-power usage (some are massive drains others are fairly efficient even within the same basic specifications)

Regardless it looks nice and if it seems worthwhile I may end up picking one up.

I honestly have no idea what I'd do with it. But I'm definitely sure I'd find a use for it. 

Look amazing!

it will be perfect to replace my tv! 

I drooled over this projector when I first saw it in concept stage. Love to see it actually commercial now!

Spinning biochem 3D simulations would be pretty fun at 200" :-)

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

I feel like that would be a really cool thin to build a computer into a backpack with that projector and use like a car battery plus a power inverter to have a powerful gaming backpack

That's Amazing That a projector that small can be that powerful B|