LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

With such an amazingly short throw pretty much anywhere could be a theatre.  Backyard summer movie night is possible even in a small yard!  Bluetooth for speakers just sweetens the deal.

Have been thinking about buying a projector for "away" gaming, and this seems like it will be AWESOME for that. Thanks again for hosting this little giveaway. :)

Looks awesome there are some many cool things you can do with one of those home theater gaming!!!!! 

I really like how it uses the mirror to display the picture instead of the normal projectors at school. The fact you got it working at 200" is amazing, imagine using that at a 100". Double the ppi, if I'm not mistaken. Using this on a drop-down white screen would be so nice. You don't need to mount it either, which is good for people who want a portable display on almost any surface. Overall I really think this is a great projector.

I  think it would be great for things like LAN parties with friends.

Edited by spuddy0101

The case looks good, very simple and substantial.

I like it.

My next beamer should be a short throw led beamer, just like that one.

Longer lifetime lower heat.

Now the Software has to be good.

Q: does it have a powered USB ? For chromecast and such.

Working from only 4" is amazing and the size of it looks so compact as well.

So, I loved the concept of the projector, and I would buy it myself if it didn't cost nearly as much as my whole PC.

I normally game on my living room using Steam In-Home Streaming, so this projector would be really nice to have, so I could game on even more places.

Greetings from Mexico! :P

Personal Rig:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT            nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founder's

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760-4GD         4x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866MHz

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz              Kingston V300 240GB SSD

Seagate 4TB Storage Drive                   Cooler Master HAF 922 Case w/o Window Side

Corsair RM750 PSU                               LG BluRay Optical Drive

Greets from Mexico, dudes ;p

Apple Fanboy, aslo. No hate, pls xD

wow!! hopefully will use it on the road as a portable home theater!! 3d on the road, here i comexD

Seem like a cool projector that you don't have to try to hang or set off to the side the projector so your not in the way. Neat idea i like it.

I've got a three meter wide white wall in my living room that just begs to have this projectors light shine upon it.

i remember when i bought my first flat screen...27" wow......now this thing does 200 just like that.....amazing

60" at 4" away seems really sweet, have been interested in a projector for a while but never have been able to afford and this would be perfect. Think many people would be able to use this for just about anything given its high portability.

This projector solves both the problem of someone walking in front of it and the awkward set up in the middle of the room.

It solves the cabling problem associated with projectors, now yo can hace it next to a console or (most important) HI-FI audio system. Cool

If you give me this projector, I promise to take bush parties to a whole new level.

I may even send pictures. :)

Utterly outstanding solution to those of us who need portable projectors to use in small spaces! Plus, the LTT short wasn't shabby, either! ;)

Want to learn how to invest? Don't get mad, Get Irked.

Desktop: i9-9900k, 32GB DDR-3400, EVGA 1080GTX, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB (Boot), Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (Games), Crucial MX500 700GB (Documents), WD Black 5TB (Data)

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 7577 i5-7300HQ, 16GB DDR4-2400, Nvidia 1060 MaxQ, Samsung 256GB NvME (Boot), Seagate 1TB Hybrid (Docs & Games)

It's relatively expensive, but if it really displays up to 100" this thing would be amazing for some movie evenings with friends or even gaming sessions. I really appreciate the smart tv ability and the variety of ports. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽

I had to make a forum account just for this projector. I've always kind of wondered what it would be like to game through something like this, but not just any old thing would do. Definitely one of the coolest designs I've ever seen for one, especially how portable it is. The appeal for this is huge, I'm sure it'll sell out the wazoo.

That could be great with friends! Just for watching movies or multiplayer/co-op games. 

The End is Near

Most recent benchmark: Click

would be perfect to have in my new apartment for basically mario party and movies :D

LG PF1000U, a projector now worthy to compete with the TV.

Projectors has always been rather "meh" to me. They never seem to fit in the room and their poorer picture quality has never really been compensated by fact that you don't need a bulky TV. This has changed.

I really think that projectors now can make a real entrance to the modern home starting with this device and similar ones. As the previous ones always has ruined the aesthetics of the area I think that this machine might change the game. It can in another way sit by the wall, either on the floor or on the ceiling(?). It minimizes the uglyness that is the bad fitting black box. Possibly even mount it in a small drawer by the floor to hide all but the lens of the machine. 

As the sharpness of the picture and the size of these machine improves, the TV can very well be saying good bye in a matter of years. Higher contrast paint is and have been under development as well which removes the need of a miss placed curtain. 

Multiple colors would be needed to fit in every room but I'm sure dbrand could solve that ;)

This projector is amazing! Something easy as just throwing it in your bag and taking it with you sounds like fun. I would probably use this almost every day!