Has anyone had experience with mobile bar code scanners or inventory software?

Looking at getting an old Motorola MC9060 mobile bar code scanner to take inventory of computer parts for my small business. I have not as yet have had experience with inventory software in tandem with a scanner and am looking for help.

www.ebay.com/itm/Symbol-Motorola-MC9060-S-Wireless-Barcode-Scanner-MC9060-SHOH9AED7WW-Used-/141836635016?hash=item21061f4b88:g:Tx0AAOSw8-tWVJgC

Go for it !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Symbol-MC9060-Mobile-Computer-Scanner-MC9060-GFOHBEEA4WW-/322011582971?hash=item4af962d1fb:g:veEAAOSw~OVWxNmD

Maybe this well also help 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4x-MOTOROLA-MC9060-G-MC9060G-MC9090-1D-Barcode-Scanner-WM5-0-Upgraded-/322017037483?hash=item4af9b60cab:g:9wQAAOSwLVZVsmgO

Maybe a litle bit expensive :D

www.ebay.com/itm/Symbol-Motorola-MC9060-Wireless-PDA-Barcode-Scanner-MC9060G-CE-WiFi-Wavelink-/232007643887?hash=item3604bbb2ef:g:CFYAAMXQ0pNRAJyB

2 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

www.ebay.com/itm/Symbol-Motorola-MC9060-Wireless-PDA-Barcode-Scanner-MC9060G-CE-WiFi-Wavelink-/232007643887?hash=item3604bbb2ef:g:CFYAAMXQ0pNRAJyB

Well I may allready have one picked but need help more on the software side.

Just now, beaker15 said:

Well I may allready have one picked but need help more on the software side.

sounds dumb but excel 

I lurk a lot

Well ( :D )

1 minute ago, peej said:

sounds dumb but excel 

Is it possible to make it work in tandem with a mobile scanner? I mean ya it may sound dumb but if it works it aint dumb. :)

Just now, beaker15 said:

Is it possible to make it work in tandem with a mobile scanner? I mean ya it may sound dumb but if it works it aint dumb. :)

um you might be better off with a laptop and a supermarket scanner than a mobile worker it would be alot easier to do coz then you can just use it to fill in text fields 

I lurk a lot

We use those at the place I work, to keep track of the 30,000+ laptops we service (for schools).

The best advice I can give is to put more than one bar code on each time if you can. That, and have some sort of redundancy built in, say an "asset tag" or something that is just a number you can punch if, if the bar code is unreadable or is actually gone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

We use those at the place I work, to keep track of the 30,000+ laptops we service (for schools).

The best advice I can give is to put more than one bar code on each time if you can. That, and have some sort of redundancy built in, say an "asset tag" or something that is just a number you can punch if, if the bar code is unreadable or is actually gone.

Is there a interface software you use for it? For example at my other part time job (Walmart) they use a system called "SMART" but I believe its proprietary. I do know its based on Linux. 

1 minute ago, beaker15 said:

Is there a interface software you use for it? For example at my other part time job (Walmart) they use a system called "SMART" but I believe its proprietary. I do know its based on Linux. 

Not really, as far as I can tell.

We scan a laptop, and it just posts the "asset tag" for it into the browser system we use to track everything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs