Phantkes Enthoo Evolv ATX Fan Set-up

kwilliamnrys

I am planning to grab this case and installing a 280mm radiator on the top and be able to maintain positive air pressure. The problem is that the front and top can only support triple 120s/dual 140s each and a 140mm in the back. No fans in the bottom according to the website. Assuming I use the 2 140s that come with the case in the front:

Should I just not put in a back fan so there would be slight postive air pressure due to the radiators in the top? But wouldn't it look not so good?

Should I just use a 240mm radiator on the top so I can place one more 120mm fan on top and make it an intake? But aren't there no fan filters on the top?

Or should I just stick to having 2 140s on the top and front and 1 140 in the back and just make sure that the exhausts go slow enough for positive air pressure? But I wouldn't know how given there is RPM, CFM, static pressure, etc?

The top should be filters in the top, but trying to do intake and exhaust on the top at the same time is problematic, would be better to do front exhaust and top/rear intake, Linus assures us that the principle of heat rising doesn't matter inside a computer case. also make sure your fans are pulling through the radiator so it's easier to clean any dust or grime it accumulates

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 hour ago, Cyracus said:

The top should be filters in the top, but trying to do intake and exhaust on the top at the same time is problematic, would be better to do front exhaust and top/rear intake, Linus assures us that the principle of heat rising doesn't matter inside a computer case. also make sure your fans are pulling through the radiator so it's easier to clean any dust or grime it accumulates

How do you know that the top has filters? And if so, do you now recommend placing the radiator in the front if it will be exhaust? 

Thanks

I don't know for sure, can't find a good picture, but phanteks is pretty good about filtering, and yeah front rad as exhaust

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

7 hours ago, Cyracus said:

I don't know for sure, can't find a good picture, but phanteks is pretty good about filtering, and yeah front rad as exhaust

Yeah exactly, I can't find info on the top having dust filters

You have two options if you really need positive pressure. Either get filter and flip rear fan as intake. Or configure top fans at lower speed than front ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv