Maintenance Schedule Under More in Nav Bar

This morning I wrote a very long, well thought out, and edited post as a reply to a thread. I hit "submit topic" and was greeted by a screen telling me that the forum was down for scheduled maintenance. After the fact I found a warning in the Forum Information subforum. Is the maintenance schedule important enough to be linked to under the "more" tab of the navigation bar? Maybe something like a continually updated list of the date and time of planned maintenance downtimes that are coming up. Or atleast, some system to warn all users of the forum about it, regardless of whether they look in the Forum Information section or not?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

It could also be global announcement. And then deleted when completed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do you ever actually look under the More dropdown though? I had featured the topic, so it had a star next to it in Recent Topics to make it more obvious, but I agree that more could be done.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you ever actually look under the More dropdown though? I had featured the topic, so it had a star next to it in Recent Topics to make it more obvious, but I agree that more could be done.

:ph34r: heh, I had to frantically scan he page to figure out what you mean by "more"... I see it now.  Yeah I click that a lot /s :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes. Quite regularly actually. I have a bad habit of needing to constantly click my mouse. Things with drop down boxes make such good targets, so the "More" list gets touched regularly. I'm not saying that that's the best way to better this. Maybe sending a PM to everyone 24 hours before the maintenance is the right way, or maybe the right way is posting a link to the warning in the center right under the Nav bar 24 hours ahead of time. IDK what the best way to do it is, perhaps something that hasn't been mentioned, but I do know that more could be done. I can't possibly be the only one who's been caught by surprise with scheduled downtime. 

6 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Yes. Quite regularly actually. I have a bad habit of needing to constantly click my mouse. Things with drop down boxes make such good targets, so the "More" list gets touched regularly. I'm not saying that that's the best way to better this. Maybe sending a PM to everyone 24 hours before the maintenance is the right way, or maybe the right way is posting a link to the warning in the center right under the Nav bar 24 hours ahead of time. IDK what the best way to do it is, perhaps something that hasn't been mentioned, but I do know that more could be done. I can't possibly be the only one who's been caught by surprise with scheduled downtime. 

I will admit, this time I only decided on the time for the maintenance about 45 minutes before it happened, so 24 hours wouldn't have worked.

Most people don't look in the more dropdown very often at all, so it would not be a productive place to put it. Next time though, I will look into putting it more prominently in the sidebar.

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Next time though, I will look into putting it more prominently in the sidebar.

People actually look at the "Recent Topics" sidebar?

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

People actually look at the "Recent Topics" sidebar?

That's the only thing most people look at

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's the only thing most people look at

Who is this "most people" you speak of and how do I meet him/her?