Earphones around 100

Guilty Baby

As title says. Some notes:

- Not really a bass guy, care more mids and highs.

- Not used to IEMs, so I don't want super intrusive ones.

- Isolation doesn't really matter to me, I prefer to hear what is around me.

- Getting new earphones because current surround sound is crap for me in-game.

I don't rly know anything about Audio but here's what I'm considering after a bit of searching:

- Bose SoundSport In-Ear

- Ostry KC06A

- Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear

- Shure SE215

- Audio-Technica ATH-IM70

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thx.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

Mostly for gaming with my mates so my audio doesn't spill over to the call and listening to music when out alone.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

7 minutes ago, INSERTNAMEHERE said:

-quote-

PC Specs

Not sure how cheap they are in HK (could be way out of budget there) but the Sennheiser IE60 are usually around $130-$150 (USD) while a bit more they are nicer.

And from my personal experience the IE60 are better than the SE215 and Momentum In-Ear. The IE60 West (not sure if there's a sound difference from the East versions) are my daily drivers and I love them.

People say the SE215 aren't that great for acoustic music but obviously that's subjective on how you like it to sound. But it's something to note.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

rha 750i

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

4 minutes ago, AdamIsaacLang said:

-quote-

Seems nice but a bit on the expensive side. Will check it out.

PC Specs

Audio-Technica ATH-M50(S) classic 100$ over-ear recommendation. :D:P

Just be aware that some find its bass too strong but its worth a try.

2 minutes ago, INSERTNAMEHERE said:

-quote-

Headphones are just too clunky for me to go outside with and I have this issue where my ears gets way too hot. 

PC Specs

5 minutes ago, INSERTNAMEHERE said:

-snip-

Seems pretty good and balanced. 

PC Specs

2 minutes ago, Guilty Baby said:

heard them once and was surprised they are really good for the price but the isolation lacks a little IMHO

2 minutes ago, INSERTNAMEHERE said:

heard them once and was surprised they are really good for the price but the isolation lacks a little IMHO

Not my top concern so I think if it can actually find them here, I will definitely give them a try.

PC Specs

Forgot to mention my current earphones is the a-JAYS One+, it was a reckless buy and I don't love them. So that's a reference point.

PC Specs

3 hours ago, Guilty Baby said:

oh they are, I own the RE400i and they are very nice, but the build quality is not very good and the cord is pretty cheap.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.