Corsair K70 'AFK' profile

Hi I just bought a corsair k70 with red led lighting and am wondering if there's a way to set up a profile designed for when I leave the room or go afk. Because when i'm gaming I don't want to lights to start flashing and doing cool stuff but I want my keyboard to after something like 15 minutes of not being touched it starts doing patterns and cool shit. Thanks appreciate any help given.

Maybe macro that waits X amount of time if button not pressed?

There are some private libraries on github to control lighting on Corsair keyboards. If I had a K70 RGB I'd consider writing a program using them in a windows service that runs on startup and listens on System.Events for a variety of events like lock, shut down, screensaver etc. It's the final straw that leads me to believing those keyboards with 'everything onboard' are pretty over rated. IMO Corsair, Logitech, Razer could add this kind of functionality easily to their already running services.

Razer especially have an official SDK for their Chroma series so props to them empowering users! Or at least empowering the power users. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

16 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

There are some private libraries on github to control lighting on Corsair keyboards. If I had a K70 RGB I'd consider writing a program using them in a windows service that runs on startup and listens on System.Events for a variety of events like lock, shut down, screensaver etc. It's the final straw that leads me to believing those keyboards with 'everything onboard' are pretty over rated. IMO Corsair, Logitech, Razer could add this kind of functionality easily to their already running services.

Razer especially have an official SDK for their Chroma series so props to them empowering users! Or at least empowering the power users. 

Corsair has the CUE SDK too.

34 minutes ago, MadG4mer said:

Corsair has the CUE SDK too.

Oh sweet. I think I'll have a look. Now that they've upgraded the lighting controllers I'm considering their LUX keyboards. 

Actually, on second thought a Strafe would be better. The white background helps the lighting. 

Edit: I see now, the SDK is in C++ and there are 3rd parties wrapping them for .NET C#. There's even a NuGet package CUE.NET. 

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Using VS2015 and CUE.NET. 

I have the VS project for windows service written that has a listener on SystemEvents and calls a method on 3 events (SessionLogon, SessionLock, and SessionUnlock) . Theoretically loading named profiles that are created in CUE. The notes in the CUE.NET example I pulled it from says it doesn't really know if the behavior works as intended LOL!

Sure wish I had a Corsair RGB keyboard to test it with LOL.