the hyper x cloud 2 are bad

Robinharm

so a month back i bought a pair of hyper x cloud 2 ..... i used tham for 4 hours but they were shit. litterly no base and the sound was not detailed at al can some one tel me y so many people like these?

Cause you're used to more bass heavy headsets/headphones therefore the cloud 2's more flat and balanced sound sounds like crap to you.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

so.. either you are too much beats generation, a troll, or you had a faulty product?

not detailed? um what, they are the most detailed gaming headset for that price. Have you maybe and just maybe thought that you like headphones with more bass, like almost everyone from the beats generation. Let me hear what did you expect form a headset that cost 85$? 

DO NOT USE THE CRAPPY USB SOUND CARD OR AS I CALL IT, NOISE CARD.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

DO NOT USE THE CRAPPY USB SOUND CARD OR AS I CALL IT, NOISE CARD.

i've actually noticed those usb pieces of junk are very system-dependant, based on the amount of noise on the +5v rail. although i still want to try one of the cloud2 ones.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i've actually noticed those usb pieces of junk are very system-dependant, based on the amount of noise on the +5v rail. although i still want to try one of the cloud2 ones.

it is bad really bad, it can barely power the clouds properly, most onboard sound is like 3 times better...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it is bad really bad, it can barely power the clouds properly, most onboard sound is like 3 times better...

happen to want to ship one to me? xD

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

happen to want to ship one to me? xD

nah, I don't one the headset one of my class mates does and he let me try it, I used the USB card for 30 sec and the I took that shit out and pluged the headset into the pc and it sounded better even he said that it was better when it was plugged into the jacks.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

When my actual USB sound card went out of action, I used the cloud's sound card and it had more than enough power to power the speakers...except the mic volume...ermmm let's call it inaudible...

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

When my actual USB sound card went out of action, I used the cloud's sound card and it had more than enough power to power the speakers...except the mic volume...ermmm let's call it inaudible...

what speakers

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

what speakers

I mean the speakers in the headset :P 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

mic volume is a disaster pretty much across the board tbh.

i havent had a single non-professional piece of microphone gear that satisfied me.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

mic volume is a disaster pretty much across the board tbh

Which is why I use my USB sound card :D With boost, it's too loud and since it has noise reduction, it doesn't introduce static or anything either :P (I bought it when the onboard for my lappy died and it was half price at the time...)

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Which is why I use my USB sound card :D With boost, it's too loud and since it has noise reduction, it doesn't introduce static or anything either :P (I bought it when the onboard for my lappy died and it was half price at the time...)

i've actually been considering building my own mic preamp to have it feed into line in instead.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Cause you're used to more bass heavy headsets/headphones therefore the cloud 2's more flat and balanced sound sounds like crap to you.

Not necessarily because I've had headsets that I thought were bass heavy and then I realised that they were just loud and sound crap compared to my good headphones.

3 minutes ago, Gibs960 said:

Not necessarily because I've had headsets that I thought were bass heavy and then I realised that they were just loud and sound crap compared to my good headphones.

This is like comparing something like the HD 558 to beats...I wonder to the people who usually use beats would find which one to be better...

This is like comparing something like the HD 558 to beats...I wonder to the people who usually use beats would find which one to be better...

a lot of them will find beats better, they are used to that insane bass boost and they love it, a lot of people today are just insane when it comes to bass. I have some friends that love beats and I let them try all of my headphones and that is a lot and they liked their own beats the most.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I mean the speakers in the headset :P 

then they are not that hard to drive :P I tried with some K612 and it gave up.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

a lot of them will find beats better, they are used to that insane bass boost and they love it, a lot of people today are just insane when it comes to bass. I have some friends that love beats and I let them try all of my headphones and that is a lot and they liked their own beats the most.

I like bass but the electronic music I listen to is less bass oriented but mids and high oriented melodies so...more flat headphones please :D 

then they are not that hard to drive :P I tried with some K612 and it gave up.

34 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it can barely power the clouds properly

Eh?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I like bass but the electronic music I listen to is less bass oriented but mids and high oriented melodies so...more flat headphones please :D 

Eh?

the sound card they come with can barely get the headset to their max volume and it is known that it sometimes just can't, it is very low quality. My k612 are pretty hard to drive so the sound card for the clouds could not power them.

I love "flat" and "neutral" headphones :D 

the sound card they come with can barely get the headset to their max volume and it is known that it sometimes just can't, it is very low quality. My k612 are pretty hard to drive so the sound card for the clouds could not power them.

I love "flat" and "neutral" headphones :D 

40% was all I needed for my normal listening volume...mind you, it's only like 15% on my usual sound card...

40% was all I needed for my normal listening volume...mind you, it's only like 15% on my usual sound card...

My O2 is turned up to just a tad over 9 O'clock, but I am also very sensitive to sound, my friends turn it up to 12-13 O'clock...

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2016 at 11:46 AM, Robinharm said:

so a month back i bought a pair of hyper x cloud 2 ..... i used tham for 4 hours but they were shit. litterly no base and the sound was not detailed at al can some one tel me y so many people like these?

Fuck man I was talking to my Mum she shouting my mic muted but Nooo all the audio goes to my friends and they have to hear it R.I.P. Social Life Man IDC Fuck Hyper X and their bullshit Brand

On 7/8/2016 at 4:46 AM, Robinharm said:

People go for brand names and hype.