Help!! Can i play Games without Onboard Graphics/Graphics Card

Can i play Games without Onboard Graphics/Graphics Card? When i run Counter Strike :Global Offensive it wont run, i dont know if its the Steam or because i dont have onboard graphics/gpu

You either have onboard graphics or a GPU, because you cant use a pc without graphics. Check your specs, see what GPU you have, and reboot. 

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

If you have no Onboard graphics or a graphics card will the system even POST? You certainlly won't be able to see anything.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

@soup @RadiatingLight Yes it shows a POST, everything is working i dont know why it boots, but maybe i cannot play games only use facebook for a while 

Onboard graphics ≠  graphics card(GPU)

On board graphics can be thought of as, part of the CPU is providing the picture (if you can see Facebook the system must be generating some kind of picture so I suggest you do have Onboard graphics [Onboard as 'in the system' not Onboard as 'on the MoBo' just before some pedant says that isn't the definition of onboard]).  Obviouslly if a seperate GPU is providing the pictures (and doing some of the work) the system can play  higher spec games at more details, or higher frame rates or even at all.   Onboard graphics are perfectly adequate for 'ffice tasks' and 'teddy bear games' but for gaming you really should have a seperate graphics card(GPU).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If there's an image on your monitor, that means there's a graphics adapter somewhere in your computer. It could be on a separate add-in card, built into the motherboard or built into the CPU. But since you can see anything at all, there is one somewhere.

What you can and can not do with it, depends on what technologies your graphics adapter supports. Even those built into a motherboard or CPU nowadays have support for a wide range of graphics technologies. But if your system is older it may not support some technologies that newer game titles require to run at all.

If your graphics adapter can do everything that a game requires to run, the next question is how well it will run. Many games are very demanding, and will not run very well on built-in graphics adapters. Many more mainstream online games are designed to run on as many computers as possible and will run well even with built-in graphics. Of course things will still look prettier if you have a better graphics card.

Since your game doesn't even start, you may not have all required technologies. Adding a graphics card to your system may be what you need to play CS:GO.

daily driver
Intel Core i7-950 | ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 | 6x2GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800 | ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SB X-Fi Titanium
Samsung 840 EVO + WD Caviar Black | Fractal Define R3 | Phanteks/Noctua/NoiseBlocker cooling | Windows 10 Pro

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 | Apple Mac-F222BEC8 | 2x4GB Samsung PC3-8500 | GeForce 320M
SanDisk SDSSDP | Apple A1278 Aluminium Unibody | macOS Sierra

Microsoft Lumia 950

Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 | 3GB RAM | Adreno 418 | Windows 10 Mobile

daily driver 2

Intel Core i5-750 | ASUS P7P55-M | 4x1GB Elpida PC3-8500 | Sapphire Radeon HD5870 | SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
Crucial M4 + WD AV-GP Green | Fractal Define R3 | Scythe/Gelid/Noctua/NoiseBlocker cooling | Windows 10 Pro

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Intel Core i7-3615QM | Apple Mac-4B7AC7E434945597E | 2x4GB Samsung PC3-12800 | GeForce GT650M
WD Blue | Apple A1286 Aluminium Unibody | macOS Sierra

server

AMD Athlon 64 LE-1620 | Jetway JNC62K | 2GB Corsair Value Select PC2-6400 | GeForce 8200 IGP
WD Caviar SE16 + AV-GP Green + 2x Red | Chenbro ES34069 | Scythe/Nexus/Noctua cooling | Windows Home Server

coming soon: Eve V

Intel Core i7-7Y75 | Skybay U3E1 | 2x8GB Samsung PC3LP-14900 | Intel HD 615
Intel 600P | Eve V Aluminium Unibody | Windows 10 Pro

Likely a driver issue. Even Intel IGPUs need drivers to work and considering how well CSGO runs on even the homeliest potato I'd say drivers are the most likely culprit.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

On 7/7/2016 at 3:32 AM, soup said:

Onboard graphics ≠  graphics card(GPU)

On board graphics can be thought of as, part of the CPU is providing the picture (if you can see Facebook the system must be generating some kind of picture so I suggest you do have Onboard graphics [Onboard as 'in the system' not Onboard as 'on the MoBo' just before some pedant says that isn't the definition of onboard]).  Obviouslly if a seperate GPU is providing the pictures (and doing some of the work) the system can play  higher spec games at more details, or higher frame rates or even at all.   Onboard graphics are perfectly adequate for 'ffice tasks' and 'teddy bear games' but for gaming you really should have a seperate graphics card(GPU).

It depends on the cpu. The latest intel graphics are actually quite good. While of course a big gpu will be better, anything under 950 is not worth.

Download, install and run this :

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Then tell us exactly what is under the menu "Graphics"

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.