White RX 480 + Custom Sleeving

Hello everyone this is my first time doing any sort of mod and I wanted to share it with you guys and gals on the forum. I took my brand new RX 480 and painted it white so that it would fit in better with my white NZXT 320. I also painted the expansion slot covers and my SSD white. Overall I am happy with how things turned out even though there were a few things that I wish had gone differently. In the near future, hopefully, I want to switch out all the cables for custom sleeved white ones. And in the not so near future I want to try my hand at getting a full custom water loop in this wonderful case. I will reply to this post in the future as I continue to make updates. Let me know what you think about the paint job. The best part is this is one of the very first white RX 480s if not the first.

IMG_20160705_141408-COLLAGE.jpg

Update: I tried my hand at sleeving cables today using paracord and no heat shrink. And just like the painting, it was a nice learning experience that turned out fairly well, even if there are a lot of things I could have improved on.  The PSU comes with a couple of the 6+2 pin connectors, one of which I had to turn into a single 6 pin, which proved to be a bit challenging to sleeve properly because the pins are larger than average leaving no room for the sleeving to fit inside the connector. I had to pull the sleeving back which makes it look a bit wonky when looking up close. I started on the 24 pin and it was actually kinda funny looking after I finished the first 12 wires because you could tell which was the first one by how bad it looked and how much I had improved by the last one. Needless to say I completely redid those first ones and it ended up looking pretty good. I have a cable comb on the 24pin which is helping keep the wires straight (they were tightly spiraled underneath the original sleeving)  but because of the larger pins on the 6pin I couldn't fit a cable comb over that one, so for the time being I am just leaving the side panel off and shaping it by hand as needed with the help of a wire wrapped around it. I might go back and change the 24pin into a white and black sleeving but for now I will be keeping it all white.

20160726_194327-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20160726_193138.jpg

That looks awesome, I've always wanted to paint my graphics card but I don't want to void the warranty.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

6 minutes ago, SoulEater said:

Hello everyone this is my first time doing any sort of mod and I wanted to share it with you guys and gals on the forum. I took my brand new RX 480 and painted it white so that it would fit in better with my white NZXT 320. I also painted the expansion slot covers and my SSD white. Overall I am happy with how things turned out even though there were a few things that I wish had gone differently. In the near future, hopefully, I want to switch out all the cables for custom sleeved white ones. And in the not so near future I want to try my hand at getting a full custom water loop in this wonderful case. I will reply to this post in the future as I continue to make updates. Let me know what you think about the paint job. The best part is this is one of the very first white RX 480s if not the first.

DG6KI8JrPMngCl_0O7OUdS2Rpe3pD6zyIuCaI1Xg

I love it!

I'd preferred you spraying the RADEON text to white aswell, would match the case better, but thats my opinion I guess.
Other than that, removing the Mushkin SSD sticker, its kinda weird having that Green in there.

Good job, My first and last mod turned out to be shit and killing my motherboard :Þ

4 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

I love it!

I'd preferred you spraying the RADEON text to white aswell, would match the case better, but thats my opinion I guess.
Other than that, removing the Mushkin SSD sticker, its kinda weird having that Green in there.

Good job, My first and last mod turned out to be shit and killing my motherboard :Þ

I totally agree with you on the SSD. It looks kinda bad in my opinion. The only reason I left the sticker on was because I have had a bad run with this particular series of SSD failing after a short period of time so I didn't want to void the warranty by removing the sticker. If I am still using it when the warranty is up however it will get a full white paint job. Sorry to hear about the motherboard.

12 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

That looks awesome, I've always wanted to paint my graphics card but I don't want to void the warranty.

Yeah I know what you mean I have only had it for a week now and the warranty is gone =P Hopefully if it ever dies I can just clean off all the paint and they wont notice that I did anything.

2 minutes ago, SoulEater said:

Yeah I know what you mean I have only had it for a week now and the warranty is gone =P Hopefully if it ever dies I can just clean off all the paint and they wont notice that I did anything.

If you didn't remove any of the "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" stickers you're probably fine, I might eventually use Plasti-Dip or something like that.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

If you didn't remove any of the "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" stickers you're probably fine, I might eventually use Plasti-Dip or something like that.

You should do it. Its fun and makes your card look like a one of a kind art piece... plus with Plasti-Dip you can always just peal it off if you don't like it or want to do something different. make sure to post some pictures if you ever do.

You should do it. Its fun and makes your card look like a one of a kind art piece... plus with Plasti-Dip you can always just peal it off if you don't like it or want to do something different. make sure to post some pictures if you ever do.

I might, I liked the blue Vapor-X coolers so I might do something similar to that.

✨PC Specs✨

12 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

If you use plati-dip just make sure you use low adhesion tape, otherwise it'll rip off the paint!!! @NcixTechTips

Actually I just got a (possibly stupid) idea, cut some tape to fit the part of the GPU I want and paint the tape! No warranty problems there!

✨PC Specs✨

5 minutes ago, glengraegill said:

If you use plati-dip just make sure you use low adhesion tape, otherwise it'll rip off the paint!!! @NcixTechTips

Thanks for adding that I had completely forgotten about their little mishap with the Canada themed card they just did. 

Thanks for adding that I had completely forgotten about thier little mishap witch the Canada themed card they just did. 

they were using masking tape...

14 hours ago, SoulEater said:

I totally agree with you on the SSD. It looks kinda bad in my opinion. The only reason I left the sticker on was because I have had a bad run with this particular series of SSD failing after a short period of time so I didn't want to void the warranty by removing the sticker. If I am still using it when the warranty is up however it will get a full white paint job. Sorry to hear about the motherboard.

Well, I owned a mushkin ssd myself, they last for around 2 years max-isch.

But they aren't that expensive. Now I upgraded to a 850 Pro, its black/red that works with my (in the future planned) red theme build.

It looks quitte premium aswell (It is a premium drive after all :Þ), but its black/silver/red so I don't think it'll fit your theme ;)

1 hour ago, tv15dsi said:

Well, I owned a mushkin ssd myself, they last for around 2 years max-isch.

But they aren't that expensive. Now I upgraded to a 850 Pro, its black/red that works with my (in the future planned) red theme build.

It looks quitte premium aswell (It is a premium drive after all :Þ), but its black/silver/red so I don't think it'll fit your theme ;)

Well I will count myself lucky if this one lasts 2 years. My next ssd will definitely be a more premium/reliable drive as opposed to a budget one. Thankful when the first mushkin drive failed it was when I had just left school so I didn't have any of my animation projects on it.

4 hours ago, SoulEater said:

Well I will count myself lucky if this one lasts 2 years. My next ssd will definitely be a more premium/reliable drive as opposed to a budget one. Thankful when the first mushkin drive failed it was when I had just left school so I didn't have any of my animation projects on it.

My server has 2 mushkins in it, raid 1 for failover because of the fact they die so quick.
I will upgrade them soon, but I don't have the money for it (anymore :Þ).

Well, good job in overall.

Is it just me or is the image not displayed?

1 hour ago, Brinith said:

Is it just me or is the image not displayed?

I can still see it so I don't know what to tell you.

3 minutes ago, SoulEater said:

I can still see it so I don't know what to tell you.

D: If possible, could you just upload the image to LTT directly? I would really like to see it XD.

On 7/6/2016 at 7:18 PM, Brinith said:

D: If possible, could you just upload the image to LTT directly? I would really like to see it XD.

13 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Neither can I :(

10 hours ago, Daniel0898 said:

Same

Updated please let me know if its working now

1 minute ago, SoulEater said:

Yes, and that looks great :)

Good work my bro.

1 minute ago, SoulEater said:

Yeah, it works again.

✨PC Specs✨