R9 Fury at 1440p?

dobo2001

Do you guys think that the air-cooled R9 Fury is sufficient at 1440p for gaming on games like GTA 5? I like to push the settings without MSAA, and I like to have some of the things in advanced graphics turned on.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1513

Fury x will only do about 44 fps at that res. Probably need to turn down settings on the fury.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

2 minutes ago, unidentical said:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1513

Fury x will only do about 44 fps at that res. Probably need to turn down settings on the fury.

Gonna assume that's with 4x MSAA on.

It's a performance killer.

To OP, you should easily be able to push GTA V at 60+ FPS at 1440p basically maxed sans grass density and MSAA.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Gonna assume that's with 4x MSAA on.

It's a performance killer.

To OP, you should easily be able to push GTA V at 60+ FPS at 1440p basically maxed sans grass density and MSAA.

Ok, I've spotted a really good deal on one. Should I wait for the 1060 or is that not even going to be relevant at 1440p?

1 minute ago, dobo2001 said:

Ok, I've spotted a really good deal on one. Should I wait for the 1060 or is that not even going to be relevant at 1440p?

How much on the Fury?

The 1060 will be decent at 1440p but you're not pushing basically max on one, considering that my guesses are that it's gonna be at GTX 970 performance.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

How much on the Fury?

The 1060 will be decent at 1440p but you're not pushing basically max on one, considering that my guesses are that it's gonna be at GTX 970 performance.

Looking at max $300 for the fury right now. Just put in an offer. 

2 minutes ago, dobo2001 said:

Looking at max $300 for the fury right now. Just put in an offer. 

That's a pretty good deal TBH. If you can snatch it for $300, you should be able to play 1440p on at least high settings at 60FPS for the most part.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder